|Medical School||Emory University School of Medicine (1996)|
|Internship||UT Southwestern Medical Center (1997), Internal Medicine|
|Residency||UT Southwestern Medical Center (1999), Internal Medicine|
- Internal Medicine
- Minority Access to Care
- Palliative Care
- Support of cancer patients' spiritual needs and associations with medical care costs at the end of life.
- Balboni T, Balboni M, Paulk ME, Phelps A, Wright A, Peteet J, Block S, Lathan C, Vanderweele T, Prigerson H Cancer 2011 May
- Racial disparities in the outcomes of communication on medical care received near death.
- Mack JW, Paulk ME, Viswanath K, Prigerson HG Arch. Intern. Med. 2010 Sep 170 17 1533-40
- Provision of spiritual care to patients with advanced cancer: associations with medical care and quality of life near death.
- Balboni TA, Paulk ME, Balboni MJ, Phelps AC, Loggers ET, Wright AA, Block SD, Lewis EF, Peteet JR, Prigerson HG J. Clin. Oncol. 2010 Jan 28 3 445-52
- Racial differences in predictors of intensive end-of-life care in patients with advanced cancer.
- Loggers ET, Maciejewski PK, Paulk E, DeSanto-Madeya S, Nilsson M, Viswanath K, Wright AA, Balboni TA, Temel J, Stieglitz H, Block S, Prigerson HG J. Clin. Oncol. 2009 Nov 27 33 5559-64
- Religious coping and use of intensive life-prolonging care near death in patients with advanced cancer.
- Phelps AC, Maciejewski PK, Nilsson M, Balboni TA, Wright AA, Paulk ME, Trice E, Schrag D, Peteet JR, Block SD, Prigerson HG JAMA 2009 Mar 301 11 1140-7
Honors & Awards
- Champion of End-of-Life Care
Award honoring Texans making an outstanding contribution to improving the quality of end-of-life care (2005)
- Soros Foundation Project on Death in America Faculty Scholar
2 year award to support research in end-of-life care (2000)
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine