- Medical School
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine (1996)
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine (1997), Pediatrics
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine (1999), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2002), Pediatric Hematology/oncology
- Catheter-related thrombosis
- Coagulation disorders in children and adolescents (hemophilia, von Willebrand disease and platelet disorders)
- Pediatric Stroke
- Venous Thrombosis Prevention
- Antithrombotic therapy in neonates and children: Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Monagle P, Chan AK, Goldenberg NA, Ichord RN, Journeycake JM, Nowak-Göttl U, Vesely SK Chest 2012 Feb 141 2 Suppl e737S-801S
- Deep venous thrombosis screening in patients with inherited bleeding disorders and central venous catheters.
- Cost CR, Journeycake JM Haemophilia : the official journal of the World Federation of Hemophilia 2011 Mar
- Symptomatic ileofemoral DVT after onset of oral contraceptive use in women with previously undiagnosed May-Thurner Syndrome.
- Murphy EH, Davis CM, Journeycake JM, DeMuth RP, Arko FR J. Vasc. Surg. 2009 Mar 49 3 697-703
- Implantable central venous access device procedures in haemophilia patients without an inhibitor: systematic review of the literature and institutional experience.
- Neunert CE, Miller KL, Journeycake JM, Buchanan GR Haemophilia 2008 Mar 14 2 260-70
- Catheter-related deep venous thrombosis and other catheter complications in children with cancer.
- Journeycake JM, Buchanan GR J. Clin. Oncol. 2006 Oct 24 28 4575-80
- Consensus recommendations for use of central venous access devices in haemophilia.
- Ewenstein BM, Valentino LA, Journeycake JM, Tarantino MD, Shapiro AD, Blanchette VS, Hoots WK, Buchanan GR, Manco-Johnson MJ, Rivard GE, Miller KL, Geraghty S, Maahs JA, Stuart R, Dunham T, Navickis RJ Haemophilia 2004 Sep 10 5 629-48
- Arthroscopic synovectomy in children and adolescents with hemophilia.
- Journeycake JM, Miller KL, Anderson AM, Buchanan GR, Finnegan M J. Pediatr. Hematol. Oncol. 2003 Sep 25 9 726-31
- Catheter-related deep venous thrombosis in children with hemophilia.
- Journeycake JM, Quinn CT, Miller KL, Zajac JL, Buchanan GR Blood 2001 Sep 98 6 1727-31
- Coagulation Profile Is Not a Predictor of Acute Cerebrovascular Events in Pediatric Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Patients.
- Anton-Martin P, Journeycake J, Modem V, Golla S, Raman L, Tweed J, Darnell-Bowens C ASAIO J. 2017 Jul
- Pre-ECMO coagulopathy does not increase the occurrence of hemorrhage during extracorporeal support.
- Anton-Martin P, Raman L, Thatte N, Tweed J, Modem V, Journeycake J Int J Artif Organs 2017 Apr 0
Diagnosis and Management of Thrombosis. In Rudolph CD, Rudolph AM, Lister G, First LR, Gershon AA, eds. Rudolph's Pediatrics. 22nd ed.
Journeycake JM, Chan AC. (2011). McGraw-Hill; 1577-1580.
Normal and Abnormal Hemostasis. In Rudolph CD, Rudolph AM, Lister G, First LR, Gershon AA, eds. Rudolph's Pediatrics. 22nd ed.
Chan AKC, Journeycake JM, Yang J. (2011). McGraw-Hill; 1567-1569.
Honors & Awards
- Best Pediatric Specialists in Dallas
D Magazine (2015)
- National Institutes of Health Career Development Award (K23)
National Institutes of Health (2006)
- Participant in the Clinical Research Training
American Society of Hematology (2004)
- Chief Fellow- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2001)
- Chief Resident- Pediatrics
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center-Tulsa (1998)
- American Thrombosis and Hemostasis Network (2010)
- Society for Pediatric Research (2007)
- Hemophilia and Thrombosis Research Society (2005)
- International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis (2003)
- American Society of Hematology (1999)
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (1999)