- Medical School
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine (1996)
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine (1997), Pediatrics
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine (1999), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern / Children's Medical Center (2002), Pediatric Hematology/oncology
- Catheter-related thrombosis
- Coagulation disorders in children and adolescents (hemophilia, von Willebrand disease and platelet disorders)
- Pediatric Stroke
- Venous Thrombosis Prevention
- Antithrombotic therapy in neonates and children: Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Monagle P, Chan AK, Goldenberg NA, Ichord RN, Journeycake JM, Nowak-Göttl U, Vesely SK Chest 2012 Feb 141 2 Suppl e737S-801S
- Deep venous thrombosis screening in patients with inherited bleeding disorders and central venous catheters.
- Cost CR, Journeycake JM Haemophilia : the official journal of the World Federation of Hemophilia 2011 Mar
- Symptomatic ileofemoral DVT after onset of oral contraceptive use in women with previously undiagnosed May-Thurner Syndrome.
- Murphy EH, Davis CM, Journeycake JM, DeMuth RP, Arko FR J. Vasc. Surg. 2009 Mar 49 3 697-703
- Implantable central venous access device procedures in haemophilia patients without an inhibitor: systematic review of the literature and institutional experience.
- Neunert CE, Miller KL, Journeycake JM, Buchanan GR Haemophilia 2008 Mar 14 2 260-70
- Catheter-related deep venous thrombosis and other catheter complications in children with cancer.
- Journeycake JM, Buchanan GR J. Clin. Oncol. 2006 Oct 24 28 4575-80
- Consensus recommendations for use of central venous access devices in haemophilia.
- Ewenstein BM, Valentino LA, Journeycake JM, Tarantino MD, Shapiro AD, Blanchette VS, Hoots WK, Buchanan GR, Manco-Johnson MJ, Rivard GE, Miller KL, Geraghty S, Maahs JA, Stuart R, Dunham T, Navickis RJ Haemophilia 2004 Sep 10 5 629-48
- Arthroscopic synovectomy in children and adolescents with hemophilia.
- Journeycake JM, Miller KL, Anderson AM, Buchanan GR, Finnegan M J. Pediatr. Hematol. Oncol. 2003 Sep 25 9 726-31
- Catheter-related deep venous thrombosis in children with hemophilia.
- Journeycake JM, Quinn CT, Miller KL, Zajac JL, Buchanan GR Blood 2001 Sep 98 6 1727-31
- Bleeding risks are higher in children versus adults given prophylactic platelet transfusions for treatment-induced hypoproliferative thrombocytopenia.
- Josephson CD, Granger S, Assmann SF, Castillejo MI, Strauss RG, Slichter SJ, Steiner ME, Journeycake JM, Thornburg CD, Bussel J, Grabowski EF, Neufeld EJ, Savage W, Sloan SR Blood 2012 Jul 120 4 748-60
- Childhood immune thrombocytopenia: role of rituximab, recombinant thrombopoietin, and other new therapeutics.
- Journeycake JM Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2012 2012 444-9
Childhood Thrombosis. In Rudolph's Pediatrics, 22nd ed.
Journeycake JM and Chan AC (2011). McGraw-Hill Professional
Developmental Hemostasis. In Rudolph's Pediatrics, 22nd ed
Chan AKC and Journeycake (2011). McGraw-Hill Professional
Honors & Awards
- National Institutes of Health Career Development Award (K23)
National Institutes of Health (2006)
- Participant in the Clinical Research Training
American Society of Hematology (2004)
- Chief Fellow- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2001)
- Chief Resident- Pediatrics
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center-Tulsa (1998)
- American Thrombosis and Hemostasis Network (2010)
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Hemophilia and Thrombosis Research Society
- International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis