Dr. Zhao obtained his M.D. degree from Dalian Medical University, China and earned his Ph.D. degree in Medical Science studying brain tumor biology and MRI at Department of Neurosurgery of University of Tsukuba, Japan in 1998. After completing his postdoctoral training, he joined the faculty of Radiology in 2002 and now an Associate Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Zhao’s current research is focusing on application of multimodal imaging approaches to obtaining integrative information about anatomy, physiology and molecular events of intracranial tumor models. Dr. Zhao has diverse interests in cancer research ranging from microscopic histology to animal models and in vivo multimodal imaging techniques.
|Medical School||Dalian Medical University (1991), Medicine|
|Graduate School||University of Tsukuba - ? (1998)|
- In vivo MR imaging of tumor vascular perfusion and permeability and tumor hypoxia in brain tumor models
- In vivo multimodal molecular imaging of tumor biomarkers
- Tumor-targeted multifunctional nanoplatform for molecular imaging and treatment
- Phosphatidylserine-targeted molecular imaging of tumor vasculature by magnetic resonance imaging.
- Zhou H, Stafford JH, Hallac RR, Zhang L, Huang G, Mason RP, Gao J, Thorpe PE, Zhao D J Biomed Nanotechnol 2014 May 10 5 846-55
- Phosphatidylserine-targeted bimodal liposomal nanoparticles for in vivo imaging of breast cancer in mice.
- Zhang L, Zhou H, Belzile O, Thorpe P, Zhao D J Control Release 2014 Apr 183C 114-123
- Ultrasound imaging-guided intracardiac injection to develop a mouse model of breast cancer brain metastases followed by longitudinal MRI.
- Zhou H, Zhao D J Vis Exp 2014 85
- Applications of Nanoparticles for Brain Cancer Imaging and Therapy
- Zhang L. and Zhao, D. J. Biomed. Nanotechnol. 2014 10 1713-31
- Longitudinal MRI evaluation of intracranial development and vascular characteristics of breast cancer brain metastases in a mouse model.
- Zhou H, Chen M, Zhao D PLoS ONE 2013 8 4 e62238
- Liposomal encapsulation enhances in vivo near infrared imaging of exposed phosphatidylserine in a mouse glioma model.
- Zhang L, Zhao D Molecules 2013 18 12 14613-28
- Near-infrared Optical Imaging of Exposed Phosphatidylserine in a Mouse Glioma Model.
- Zhao D, Stafford JH, Zhou H, Thorpe PE Transl Oncol 2011 Dec 4 6 355-64
- Dynamic near-infrared optical imaging of 2-deoxyglucose uptake by intracranial glioma of athymic mice.
- Zhou H, Luby-Phelps K, Mickey BE, Habib AA, Mason RP, Zhao D PLoS ONE 2009 4 11 e8051
- In vivo near-infrared spectroscopy and magnetic resonance imaging monitoring of tumor response to combretastatin A-4-phosphate correlated with therapeutic outcome.
- Zhao D, Chang CH, Kim JG, Liu H, Mason RP Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 2011 Jun 80 2 574-81
- A perspective on vascular disrupting agents that interact with tubulin: preclinical tumor imaging and biological assessment.
- Mason RP, Zhao D, Liu L, Trawick ML, Pinney KG Integr Biol (Camb) 2011 Apr 3 4 375-87
Honors & Awards
- DOD Prostate Cancer Research Initiative Postdoctoral Fellowship Award
- World Molecular Imaging Society (2009)
- International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) (2002)