|Medical School||Punjab University-Pakistan (1993)|
|Internship||Mount Sinai Medical Center - New York, NY (1994), General Surgery|
|Internship||Christ Hospital & Medical Center (1995), Family Medicine|
|Residency||Christ Hospital & Medical Center (1997), Family Medicine|
|Fellowship||Christ Hospital & Medical Center (1998), Faculty Development|
- Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and Child abuse
- Primary Care Research
- Gastrointestinal Complications of Diabetes. Am Fam Physician. 2008 Jun 15;77(12):1697-702.
- Amer Shakil, Robert J Church, Shobha S Rao 2008
- Parkinson’s disease: diagnosis and treatment.
- Rao SS, Hofmann LA, Shakil A. Am Fam Physician. 2006 Dec December 2006 15;74(12) 2046-54
- Clinical inquiries. What is the role of tacrolimus and pimecrolimus in atopic dermatitis?
- Trammell S, Shakil A, Wilder L, Daugird A. J Fam Pract. August 2005 4(8) 714-6.
- Validation of the HITS domestic violence screening tool with males
- Shakil A, Donald S, Sinacore JM, Krepcho M. Fam Med. March 2005 37(3) 193-8.
- Clinical inquiries. Do antibiotics prevent recurrent UTI in children with anatomic abnormalities?
- Shakil A, Reed L, Wilder L, Strand WR J Fam Pract. June 2004 53(6) 498-500
Honors & Awards
- Program Director Recognition Award
Bronze Level by Association of Family Medicine Program Directors (2011)
- Special Constituency Leadership Award
Leadership Award from the Texas Academy of Family Physicians (TAFP) (2010)
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Association of Department of Family Medicine (ADFM)
- Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors (AFMRD)
- Fellow American Academy of Family Physicians (FAAPF)
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians