- Medical School
- AGA Khan University (1993)
- National Institute of Child Health (1994), Pediatrics
- University of Texas Medical School at Houston (1998), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2001), Pediatric Cardiology
- Graduate School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (2002)
- Genetic causes of congenital heart disease
- Association of Antegrade Pulmonary Artery Diastolic Velocity with Spontaneous Closure of the Patent Ductus Arteriosus in Extremely Low-Birth-Weight Infants.
- Weiss DM, Kaiser JR, Swearingen C, Malik S, Sachdeva R Am J Perinatol 2015 Nov 32 13 1217-24
- Genetic variation affects congenital heart defect susceptibility in offspring exposed to maternal tobacco use.
- Tang X, Hobbs CA, Cleves MA, Erickson SW, MacLeod SL, Malik S Birth Defects Res. Part A Clin. Mol. Teratol. 2015 Oct 103 10 834-42
- Comparison of in-hospital and longer-term outcomes of hybrid and Norwood stage 1 palliation of hypoplastic left heart syndrome.
- Malik S, Bird TM, Jaquiss RD, Morrow WR, Robbins JM J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2015 Sep 150 3 474-80.e2
- Conotruncal heart defects and common variants in maternal and fetal genes in folate, homocysteine, and transsulfuration pathways.
- Hobbs CA, Cleves MA, Macleod SL, Erickson SW, Tang X, Li J, Li M, Nick T, Malik S Birth Defects Res. Part A Clin. Mol. Teratol. 2014 Feb 100 2 116-26
- Doppler tissue imaging and catheter-derived measures are not independent predictors of rejection in pediatric heart transplant recipients.
- Sachdeva R, Malik S, Seib PM, Frazier EA, Cleves MA Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 2011 Oct 27 7 947-54
- Risk factors for prosthesis failure in pulmonary valve replacement.
- Zubairi R, Malik S, Jaquiss RD, Imamura M, Gossett J, Morrow WR Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2011 Feb 91 2 561-5
- Tricuspid annular and septal Doppler tissue velocities are reduced in pediatric heart transplant recipients without acute rejection.
- Sachdeva R, Malik S, Bornemeier RA, Frazier EA, Cleves MA J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2008 Jun 21 6 720-4
- Maternal smoking and congenital heart defects.
- Malik S, Cleves MA, Honein MA, Romitti PA, Botto LD, Yang S, Hobbs CA Pediatrics 2008 Apr 121 4 e810-6
- Seeking causes: Classifying and evaluating congenital heart defects in etiologic studies.
- Botto LD, Lin AE, Riehle-Colarusso T, Malik S, Correa A Birth Defects Res. Part A Clin. Mol. Teratol. 2007 Oct 79 10 714-27
- Association between congenital heart defects and small for gestational age.
- Malik S, Cleves MA, Zhao W, Correa A, Hobbs CA Pediatrics 2007 Apr 119 4 e976-82
- Texas Medical Board (1999)
- American Board of Pediatrics (1998)