- Medical School
- American University - Beirut (1995)
- American University of Beruit (1996), Pediatrics
- American University of Beruit (1998), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (2001), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
- Children's Medical Center Dallas (2002), Pediatrics
- Children's Medical Center Dallas (2004), Pediatrics
- neonatal brain ijjury, asphyxia, hypothermia
- Perinatal Acidosis and Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy in Preterm Infants of 33 to 35 Weeks' Gestation.
- Chalak LF, Rollins N, Morriss MC, Brion LP, Heyne R, Sánchez PJ J. Pediatr. 2011 Oct
- Low-voltage aEEG as predictor of intracranial hemorrhage in preterm infants.
- Chalak LF, Sikes NC, Mason MJ, Kaiser JR Pediatr. Neurol. 2011 May 44 5 364-9
- End-tidal CO2 detection of an audible heart rate during neonatal cardiopulmonary resuscitation after asystole in asphyxiated piglets.
- Chalak LF, Barber CA, Hynan L, Garcia D, Christie L, Wyckoff MH Pediatr. Res. 2011 May 69 5 Pt 1 401-5
- A newborn with Poland anomaly and liver ectopy: an unusual association with important prognostic implications.
- Chalak LF, Parham DM Pediatr. Dev. Pathol. 2007 Mar-Apr 10 2 134-7
- Resolution of pulmonary interstitial emphysema following selective left main stem intubation in a premature newborn: an old procedure revisited.
- Chalak LF, Kaiser JR, Arrington RW Paediatr Anaesth 2007 Feb 17 2 183-6
- Chorioamnionitis and neonatal encephalopathy in term infants with fetal acidemia: histopathologic correlations.
- Shalak L, Johnson-Welch S, Perlman JM Pediatr. Neurol. 2005 Sep 33 3 162-5
- Depression at birth in term infants exposed to maternal chorioamnionitis: does neonatal fever play a role?
- Shalak LF, Perlman JM, Jackson GL, Laptook AR J Perinatol 2005 Jul 25 7 447-52
- Stages of status epilepticus in the developing brain.
- Mikati MA, Werner S, Shalak L, Shehab L, Shamseddine A, Simaan E, Liu Z, Tarif S, Stafstrom C, Holmes G Epilepsy Res. 2003 Jun-Jul 55 1-2 9-19
- Amplitude-integrated electroencephalography coupled with an early neurologic examination enhances prediction of term infants at risk for persistent encephalopathy.
- Shalak LF, Laptook AR, Velaphi SC, Perlman JM Pediatrics 2003 Feb 111 2 351-7
- Hemorrhagic-ischemic cerebral injury in the preterm infant: current concepts.
- Shalak L, Perlman JM Clin Perinatol 2002 Dec 29 4 745-63