- Medical School
- The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (1985)
- Methodist Dallas Medical Center (1986), Internal Medicine
- Methodist Dallas Medical Center (1989), Internal Medicine
- Parkland Health & Hospital System (1994), Hematology Oncology
- A phase II study of concurrent chemoradiation with weekly docetaxel, carboplatin, and radiation therapy followed by consolidation chemotherapy with docetaxel and carboplatin for locally advanced inoperable non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Jain AK, Hughes RS, Sandler AB, Dowlati A, Schwartzberg LS, Dobbs T, Schlabach L, Wu J, Muldowney NJ, Choy H J Thorac Oncol 2009 Jun 4 6 722-7
- Round pneumonia mimicking pulmonary malignancy on F-18 FDG PET/CT.
- Shie P, Farukhi I, Hughes RS, Oz OK Clin Nucl Med 2007 Jan 32 1 55-6
- Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
- R. Hughes American Journal of Medical Sciences 2005 329 29
- The Role of Chemotherapy in Head and Neck cancer
- R. Hughes, E. Frenkel American Journal of Clinical Oncology 1997 20 449
- American Society of Clinical Oncology