- Medical School
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine (1988)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1989), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1991), Internal Medicine
- University of Colorado School of Medicine (1995), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Research Fellowship
- Denver Veteran Administration Research (1997), Research
- Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM)
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Venous Thromboembolic Disease
- Pulmonary prostacyclin synthase overexpression chemoprevents tobacco smoke lung carcinogenesis in mice.
- Robert L.K., Y.E. Miller, T.M. Hudish, C.E. Girod, S. Sotto-Santiago, W.A. Franklin, R.A. Nemenoff, T.H. March, S.P. Nana-Sinkam, and M.W. Geraci Cancer Research 2004 64 5897-5904
- Thrombolytic therapy in massive and sub-massive pulmonary embolism.
- Girod C.E. PCCU (Pulmonary and Critical Care Update) Online, ACCP December 2000 Volume 14, Lesson 19
- Other Large-Airway Diseases that Limit Airflow.
- Girod C.E. and M.I. Schwarz In: Chronic Obstructive Lung Diseases. N.F. Voelkel and W. MacNee, editors, 1st ed., B.C. Decker, Inc., Hamilton, Ontario December 2007 Chapter 14 / 2nd. Ed.
- Diffuse Interstitial Lung Diseases Resulting in Airflow Limitation
- Girod CE and Schwarz MI Chronic Obstructive Lung Diseases. Editors N.F. Voelkel and W. MacNee, 2nd. ed. December 2007 Second Edition
- Bronchorrhea complicating inflammatory bowel disease
- Jain R, Scheurich D, Lindberg GM, and Girod, CE Thorax 2006 61 1014
- Opinions and Hypothesis: Emphysema: A chronic dust-induced disease?
- Girod C.E. and King T.E. CHEST October 2005 128; Number 4 3055-3064
Honors & Awards
- Best Doctors in America
- Texas "Super Doctors"
- Internal Medicine Outstanding Teaching Award
Teaching Attending- Internal Medicine UT Southwestern (2001)
- John S. Miller Award
Resident of the Year- Internal Medicine UT Southwestern (1991)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society
- American Thoracic Society
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Thoracic Society