|Medical School||University of Alabama (1993)|
|Internship||University of Alabama Hospital (1997), Obstetrics & Gynecology|
|Residency||University of Alabama Hospital (1997), Obstetrics & Gynecology|
|Fellowship||Parkland Memorial Hospital (2000), Maternal Fetal Medicine|
- Drug Use in Pregnancy
- HIV in Pregnancy
- Immunizations in Pregnancy
- Infectious Disease in Obstetrics
- Thyroid Disease in Pregnancy
- Thyrotoxicosis and heart failure complicating pregnancy.
- Sheffield JS, Cunningham FG Am J Obstet Gynecol 2003 190 211-17
- Risk of hepatitis B transmission in breastfed infants of chronic hepatitis B carriers
- Hill JB, Sheffield JS, Kim MJ, Alexander JM, Sercely B, Wendel GD Jr Obstet Gynecol 2002 99 1049-52
- Congenital syphilis after maternal treatment for syphilis during pregnancy
- Sheffield JS, Sanchez PJ, Morris G, Maberry M, Zeray F, McIntire DD, Wendel GD Jr Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002 186 569-73
- Placental histopathology of congenital syphilis
- Sheffield JS, Sanchez PJ, Wendel GD Jr, Fong DWI, Zeray F, Margraf LR, McIntire DD, Rogers BB Obstet Gynecol 2002 100 126-33
- Virulent Treponema pallidum, lipoprotein and synthetic lipopeptides induce CCR5 on human monocytes and enhances their susceptibility to infection by HIV-1
- Sellati TJ, Wilkinson DA, Sheffield JS, Koup RA, Radolf JD, Norgard MV J Infect Dis 2000 181 283-93
- Valacyclovir prophylaxis to prevent recurrent herpes at delivery: A randomized controlled trial.
- Sheffield JS, Hill JB, Hollier LM, Laibl VR, Roberts SW, Sanchez PJ, Wendel GD Obstet Gynecol 2006
- Spontaneous resolution of asymptomatic chlamydia trachomatis in pregnancy.
- Sheffield JS, Andrews WW, Klebanoff MA, MacPherson C, Carey JC, Ernest JM, Wapner RJ, Trout W, Moawad A, Miodovnik M, Sibai B, Varner MW, Caritis SN, Dombrowski M, Langer O, O?Sullivan MJ for the NICHD and the MFM Units Network Obstet Gynecol 2005 105 557-62
- Acute pyelonephritis in pregnancy.
- Hill JB, Sheffield JS, McIntire DD, Cunningham FG, Wendel GD Jr. Obstet Gynecol 2005 105 18-23
- Morbidity that is associated with curettage for the management of spontaneous and induced abortion in women who are infected with HIV.
- Stuart GS, Sheffield JS, Hill JB, McIntire DD, McElwee B, Wendel GD Am J Obstet Gynecol 2004 191 993-7
- Acyclovir prophylaxis to prevent herpes simplex virus recurrence at delivery; a systematic review.
- Sheffield JS, Hollier LM, Hill JB, Stuart GS, Wendel GD Jr. Obstet Gynecol 2003 102 1396-403
Honors & Awards
- Certificate of Appreciation, Centers for Disease Control
- Certificate of Appreciation, Dallas County STD/HIV Prevention Training Center
- CREOG National Outstanding Faculty Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Medical Association
- Infectious Disease Society for Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine