Sally Hayward Goudreau, MD, FACR
Dr. Goudreau joined the UT Southwestern Medical Center faculty in April 2008 where she serves full time as a Clinical Associate Professor of Radiology at the Center for Breast Care in Dallas, Texas. Her clinical expertise and research interests fully encompass breast imaging and include digital mammography, breast sonography, magnetic resonance imaging, interventional breast imaging (all forms of percutaneous biopsy, seed/wire localizations, and ductography), tomosynthesis, and positron emission mammography. She is a member of numerous local and national professional societies, including the American College of Radiology, Society of Breast Imaging, and the Texas Radiological Society. She actively supervises the Breast Imaging fellows at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and has devoted a significant portion of her career to teaching and volunteer work.
Dr. Goudreau received her medical degree in 1988 from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas and completed her internship, residency, and imaging fellowship at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City, Iowa from 1988-1993. Dr. Goudreau is Board Certified in Diagnostic Radiology and is a Fellow in the American College of Radiology.
Dr. Goudreau's interest and dedication to breast imaging began in 1993 while working as an Assistant Professor of Radiology at the University of Cincinnati Barrett Breast Center. From 1994-1997 she served as the Medical Director of Breast Imaging at Denver General Hospital and the Women's Fellowship Director at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in Denver. She was recruited to Dallas in 1997 and joined Southwest Interventional and Imaging Specialists at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas where she developed the Breast Imaging section at Southwest Diagnostic Imaging Center, serving as Medical Director from 1997-2005. From 2003-2008 she also served as the Medical Director of Breast Imaging at the Women's Diagnostic and Breast Center at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas and worked with a team to complete a major renovation of that Center.
Dr. Goudreau graduated with honors from Texas A&M University in 1984, receiving her Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering. She is an active member of the Texas A&M Association of Former Students where she serves as a Representative at Large of the Leadership Council with a particular interest in mentoring and counseling premedical students.
She and her husband, Jeff Goudreau, MD have four children and reside in Dallas.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1988)
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (1992), Diagnostic Radiology
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (1993), Breast Imaging
Screening for Breast Cancer
- 3-D Digital Mammography (Tomosynthesis)
- Breast Ultrasound
- Mobile Mammography
- MRI, Breast
- Screening & Diagnostic Digital Mammography
- Stereotactic Core Needle Biopsy
- Ultrasound-Guided Core Needle Biopsy
- Multicentric Granulocytic Sarcoma (Chloroma of the Breast: Mammographic Findings
- Barloon T, Young D, Bass S American Journal of Roentgenology 1992 161 963-964
- Hypercard Coding System for the ACR Index for Radiological Diagnoses
- Renfrew D, Bass S, Albanese M, Whitis B American Journal of Roentgenology 1992 158 669-672
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, American College of Radiology
- Outstanding Resident Research Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Medical Director of Breast Imaging - Denver General Hospital 1994-1997
- Medical Director of Breast Imaging - Southwest Diagnostic Imaging Center, Dallas 1997-2005
- Medical Director of Breast Imaging - Women’s Diagnostic and Breast Center Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas - 2003-2008
- American College of Radiology
- American Medical Association
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society for the Advancement of Women’s Imaging