- Medical School
- Texas Tech University School of Medicine (1983)
- Texas Tech Health Sciences Center (1986), Pediatrics
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine (1993), Epilepsy
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Jacobi Medical Center (1994), Autism Spectrum Disorders
- UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (1995), Pediatric Neurology
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1996), Neurology
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine (2004), Pediatric Neurology
- Other Post Graduate Training
- Walden University (2014), Research Psychology
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Down's Syndrome
- Fragile X
- Efficacy of Low-Dose Buspirone for Restricted and Repetitive Behavior in Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Randomized Trial.
- Chugani DC, Chugani HT, Wiznitzer M, Parikh S, Evans PA, Hansen RL, Nass R, Janisse JJ, Dixon-Thomas P, Behen M, Rothermel R, Parker JS, Kumar A, Muzik O, Edwards DJ, Hirtz D J. Pediatr. 2015 Dec
- Thiamine deficiency secondary to anorexia nervosa: an uncommon cause of peripheral neuropathy and wernicke encephalopathy in adolescence.
- Renthal W, Marin-Valencia I, Evans PA Pediatr. Neurol. 2014 Jul 51 1 100-3
- Phenotypic spectrum and genotype-phenotype correlations of NRXN1 exon deletions.
- Schaaf CP, Boone PM, Sampath S, Williams C, Bader PI, Mueller JM, Shchelochkov OA, Brown CW, Crawford HP, Phalen JA, Tartaglia NR, Evans P, Campbell WM, Tsai AC, Parsley L, Grayson SW, Scheuerle A, Luzzi CD, Thomas SK, Eng PA, Kang SH, Patel A, Stankiewicz P, Cheung SW Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 2012 Dec 20 12 1240-7
- Small genomic rearrangements involving FMR1 support the importance of its gene dosage for normal neurocognitive function.
- Nagamani SC, Erez A, Probst FJ, Bader P, Evans P, Baker LA, Fang P, Bertin T, Hixson P, Stankiewicz P, Nelson D, Patel A, Cheung SW Neurogenetics 2012 Nov 13 4 333-9
- Nonemergency medical care for illegal immigrants in Texas.
- Evans P Virtual Mentor 2008 10 4 195-200
- Efficacy of porcine secretin in children with autism and pervasive developmental disorder.
- Kern JK, Van Miller S, Evans PA, Trivedi MH J Autism Dev Disord 2002 Jun 32 3 153-60
- Ethanol suppresses the postcastration rise in serum luteinizing hormone in male rats.
- Ring DL, Evans P, Joanning S, Menendez CE Arch. Androl. 1983 Jun 10 3 229-32
Evans P. Informed Assent and Refusal for Children and Adolescents.. In In William, McGuire, Rizzo, eds. Practical Ethics in Clinical Neurology. American Academy of Neurology,
Evans, Patricia (2012). Philadelphia, PA, Lippincott, Wilkins and Williams
Practicing Inclusivity for Children with Special Needs.. In In Water, L, ed. Why, O God? A Biblical Theology of Suffering and Disability.
Evans, Patricia (2011). Wheaton, IL., Good News and Crossways Publishers
Clinical Guide to Autistic Spectrum Disorders for Primary Care Practitioners.
Evans, Patricia; Morris, Mary Ann (2010). Philadelphia, PA:, Lippincott, Wilkins and Williams
End-of-life-Care for the Neurologically Impaired Child.. In In William, McGuire, Rizzo, eds. Practical Ethics in Clinical Neurology. American Academy of Neurology.
Evans, Patricia (2012). Philadelphia, PA:, Lippincott, Wilkins and Williams,
Honors & Awards
- Best Pediatric Specialists
D Magazine (2013-2014)
- Neurology-on-the-Hill Spokesperson for the 2008 Leadership Development Program
American Academy of Neurology (2008)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology
- Donald Palatucci Fellowship for Patient Advocacy
- America's Top Pediatricians
Consumers Research Council of America (2004-2006)
- Outstanding Neurologist of Dallas
D Magazine (2002, 2012)
- Fragile X National Foundation (2012)
- American Academy of Neurology (1992)
- Child Neurology Society (1992)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (1986)