Dr. Pelosof grew up in Dallas and received her MD/PhD training at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri with a research focus in molecular cell biology. She then returned to Dallas for her Internal Medicine residency training at UT Southwestern and Parkland Hospital. Drawn by her interest in cell biology and oncology, Dr. Pelosof pursued fellowship training in Medical Oncology at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. During fellowship, her research was centered on epigenetic changes that promote tumor cells'resistance to chemotherapy. After completing her fellowship training, she jumped at the chance to return home to UT Southwestern where she has joined the Thoracic Oncology group in the Division of Hematology/Oncology. Dr. Pelosof’s outside interests include jogging, reading, and spending time with family and friends.
|Medical School||Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine (2007)|
|Residency||UT Southwestern Medical Center (2010), Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||Johns Hopkins University (2014), Medical Oncology|
Lung & Thoracic Cancers
- Adenocarcinoma of the Lung
- Asbestos Lung Cancer (Mesothelioma)
- Bronchioloalveolar Carcinoma (BAC)
- Neuroendocrine Tumors of the Lung
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Thoracic Cancer
Medical Treatment for Lung Cancer
- Adjuvant & NeoAdjuvant Therapy for Lung Cancer
- Latest Chemotherapy Options for Lung Cancer
- Management of Side Effects of Chemotherapy
- Targeted Therapy for Lung Cancer
- Experimental therapeutics
- Phase I clinical trials
- Thoracic oncology
- Whole-exome sequencing of pancreatic neoplasms with acinar differentiation.
- Jiao Y, Yonescu R, Offerhaus GJ, Klimstra DS, Maitra A, Eshleman JR, Herman JG, Poh W, Pelosof L, Wolfgang CL, Vogelstein B, Kinzler KW, Hruban RH, Papadopoulos N, Wood LD J. Pathol. 2014 Mar 232 4 428-35
- CHFR silencing or microsatellite instability is associated with increased antitumor activity of docetaxel or gemcitabine in colorectal cancer.
- Pelosof L, Yerram SR, Ahuja N, Delmas A, Danilova L, Herman JG, Azad NS Int. J. Cancer 2014 Feb 134 3 596-605
- Paraneoplastic syndromes: an approach to diagnosis and treatment.
- Pelosof LC, Gerber DE Mayo Clin. Proc. 2010 Sep 85 9 838-54
- Co-ordinate but disproportionate activation of apoptotic, regenerative and inflammatory pathways characterizes the liver response to acute amebic infection.
- Pelosof LC, Davis PH, Zhang Z, Zhang X, Stanley SL Cell. Microbiol. 2006 Mar 8 3 508-22
- American Associate for Cancer Research (2010)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (2010)