Dr. Wyckoff earned her engineering science degree from Trinity University in San Antonio, TX. She then came to UTSW Medical Center at Dallas for medical school and subsequently stayed for General Pediatrics training. She remained at UTSW for Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine training and worked under Phil Shaul, MD on a project which elucidated how plasma membrane estrogen receptors are coupled to eNOS production via G-protein signaling. Upon completion of sub-specialty training she joined the faculty of UTSW Pediatrics Department to become the director of Newborn Resuscitation Services at Parkland Memorial Hospital, a large, urban county hospital with over 12,000 deliveries annually. She developed and coordinates an educational rotation in newborn resuscitation for the senior pediatric house-officer, 2nd year emergency medicine residents, neonatal-perinatal medicine fellows and OB anesthesia fellows. In addition, she oversees the continued development of the high-risk neonatal resuscitation team. Dr. Wyckoff maintains and utilizes one of the most comprehensive neonatal resuscitation databases in the country to continually try to improve neonatal resuscitation processes locally and nationally. Prospective resuscitation protocols are studied in the delivery room and she has developed a neonatal piglet model of asphyxia-induced hypotension/bradycardia and asphyxia-induced asystole to better elucidate the hemodynamics and optimize resuscitation strategies during CPR in the controlled setting of the laboratory. She has served on the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation, Newborn Subsection since 2003 and currently co-chair of the Neonatal Task Force. She has served on the American Academy of Pediatrics Neonatal Resuscitation Program Steering Committee since 2006 and recently completed 2 terms Co-chair. Since 2013 she has served as UTSW site PI for the NICHD Neonatal Research Network.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1994)
- Internship (Residency)
- Children's Health Dallas (1995), Pediatrics
- Children's Health Dallas (1997), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2000), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
- Neonatal Research Network
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Part 13: Neonatal Resuscitation: 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
- Wyckoff MH, Aziz K, Escobedo MB, Kapadia VS, Kattwinkel J, Perlman JM, Simon WM, Weiner GM, Zaichkin JG Circulation 2015 Nov 132 18 Suppl 2 S543-60
- Outcome of extremely low birth weight infants who received delivery room cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Wyckoff MH, Salhab WA, Heyne RJ, Kendrick DE, Stoll BJ, Laptook AR J. Pediatr. 2012 Feb 160 2 239-244.e2
- Part 15: neonatal resuscitation: 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
- Kattwinkel J, Perlman JM, Aziz K, Colby C, Fairchild K, Gallagher J, Hazinski MF, Halamek LP, Kumar P, Little G, McGowan JE, Nightengale B, Ramirez MM, Ringer S, Simon WM, Weiner GM, Wyckoff M, Zaichkin J Circulation 2010 Nov 122 18 Suppl 3 S909-19
- Optimizing chest compressions during delivery-room resuscitation.
- Wyckoff MH, Berg RA Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 2008 Dec 13 6 410-5
- Neonatal cardiopulmonary resuscitation: Critical hemodynamics
- Wyckoff MH NeoReviews 2010 March 11 3 e123-e129
- Barriers to enrollment in a randomized controlled trial of hydrocortisone for cardiovascular insufficiency in term and late preterm newborn infants.
- Watterberg KL, Fernandez E, Walsh MC, Truog WE, Stoll BJ, Sokol GM, Kennedy KA, Fraga MV, Beauman SS, Carper B, Das A, Duncan AF, Buss WF, Gauldin C, Lacy CB, Sanchez PJ, Chawla S, Lakshminrusimha S, Cotten CM, Van Meurs KP, Poindexter BB, Bell EF, Carlo WA, Devaskar U, Wyckoff MH, Higgins RD J Perinatol 2017 Sep
- Efficacy of pharmacologic closure of patent ductus arteriosus in small-for-gestational-age extremely preterm infants.
- Boghossian NS, Do BT, Bell EF, Dagle JM, Brumbaugh JE, Stoll BJ, Vohr BR, Das A, Shankaran S, Sanchez PJ, Wyckoff MH, Bethany Ball M Early Hum. Dev. 2017 Jul 113 10-17
- Outcomes of Preterm Infants following Discussions about Withdrawal or Withholding of Life Support.
- James J, Munson D, DeMauro SB, Langer JC, Dworetz AR, Natarajan G, Bidegain M, Fortney CA, Seabrook R, Vohr BR, Tyson JE, Bell EF, Poindexter BB, Shankaran S, Higgins RD, Das A, Stoll BJ, Kirpalani H J. Pediatr. 2017 Jun
- Efficacy of Intravenous and Endotracheal Epinephrine during Neonatal Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in the Delivery Room.
- Halling C, Sparks JE, Christie L, Wyckoff MH J. Pediatr. 2017 Mar
- Evaluation of Timing and Route of Epinephrine in a Neonatal Model of Asphyxial Arrest.
- Vali P, Chandrasekharan P, Rawat M, Gugino S, Koenigsknecht C, Helman J, Jusko WJ, Mathew B, Berkelhamer S, Nair J, Wyckoff MH, Lakshminrusimha S J Am Heart Assoc 2017 Feb 6 2
Delivery Room Resuscitation. In Rudolph CD, Rudolph AM, Lister G, First LR, Gershon AA, eds. Rudolph's Pediatrics. 22nd ed.
Wyckoff MH. (2011). McGraw-Hill; 164-169.
Respiratory and Cardiovascular Support in the Delivery Room. In Bancalari E, ed. The Newborn Lung: Neonatology Questions and Controversies. 2nd ed.
Wyckoff MH. (2012). Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders; 247-264.
Chest Compression, Medications, and Special Problems in Neonatal Resuscitation. In Martin RJ, Fanaroff AA, Walsh MC, eds. Fanaroff and Martin's Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. 2nd ed.
Wyckoff M, Goldsmith JP. (2014). Elsevier Saunders.
Medications. In NRP Neonatal Resuscitation Textbook. 6th ed.
Wyckoff MH. (2011). American Academy of Pediatrics/American Heart Association; 211-236.
Honors & Awards
- Invited Lectureship, 6th Annual Fellows' Invited Lectureship
Wayne State University, Detroit, MI (2014)
- Elected Co-Chair of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program Steering Committee
American Academy of Pediatrics (2011)
- Elected to Perinatal Research Society
- Acute Care Rotation Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Medical School (2007-2009)
- Elected to Society for Pediatric Research
Medical Academic Honor Society (1994)
- Pediatric Faculty Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Pediatric Program Residents (2006, 2008, 2011)
- Perinatal Research Society (2008)
- Society for Pediatric Research (2007)
- American Heart Association (2006)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2000)
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association