Dr. Wyckoff earned her engineering science degree from Trinity University in San Antonio, TX. She then came to UTSW Medical Center at Dallas for medical school and subsequently stayed for General Pediatrics training. She remained at UTSW for Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine training and worked under Phil Shaul, MD on a project which elucidated how plasma membrane estrogen receptors are coupled to eNOS production via G-protein signaling. Upon completion of sub-specialty training she joined the faculty of UTSW Pediatrics Department to become the director of Newborn Resuscitation Services at Parkland Memorial Hospital, a large, urban county hospital with over 14,000 deliveries annually. She developed and coordinates an educational rotation in newborn resuscitation for the senior pediatric house-officer and oversees the continued development of the high-risk resuscitation team. Dr. Wyckoff maintains and utilizes one of the most comprehensive neonatal resuscitation databases in the country to continually try to improve neonatal resuscitation processes locally and nationally. Prospective resuscitation protocols are studied in the delivery room and she has developed a neonatal piglet model of asphyxia-induced hypotension/bradycardia and asphyxia-induced asystole to better elucidate the hemodynamics and optimize resuscitation strategies during CPR in the controlled setting of the laboratory. She has served on the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation, Newborn Subsection since 2003. She has served on the American Academy of Pediatrics Neonatal Resuscitation Program Steering Committee since 2006 and was names Co-chair in 2011.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1994)
- Children's Medical Center (1995), Pediatrics
- Children's Medical Center (1997), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2000), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Part 15: neonatal resuscitation: 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
- Kattwinkel J, Perlman JM, Aziz K, Colby C, Fairchild K, Gallagher J, Hazinski MF, Halamek LP, Kumar P, Little G, McGowan JE, Nightengale B, Ramirez MM, Ringer S, Simon WM, Weiner GM, Wyckoff M, Zaichkin J Circulation 2010 Nov 122 18 Suppl 3 S909-19
- Optimizing chest compressions during delivery-room resuscitation.
- Wyckoff MH, Berg RA Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 2008 Dec 13 6 410-5
- Endotracheal delivery of medications during neonatal resuscitation.
- Wyckoff MH, Wyllie J Clin Perinatol 2006 Mar 33 1 153-60, ix
- Neonatal cardiopulmonary resuscitation: Critical hemodynamics
- Wyckoff MH NeoReviews 2010 March 11 3 e123-e129
- Outcomes of Extremely Preterm Infants Born to Insulin-Dependent Diabetic Mothers.
- Boghossian NS, Hansen NI, Bell EF, Brumbaugh JE, Stoll BJ, Laptook AR, Shankaran S, Wyckoff MH, Colaizy TT, Das A, Higgins RD Pediatrics 2016 May
- The impact of ambient operating room temperature on neonatal and maternal hypothermia and associated morbidities: a randomized controlled trial.
- Duryea EL, Nelson DB, Wyckoff MH, Grant EN, Tao W, Sadana N, Chalak LF, McIntire DD, Leveno KJ Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2016 Feb
- Part 13: Neonatal Resuscitation: 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
- Wyckoff MH, Aziz K, Escobedo MB, Kapadia VS, Kattwinkel J, Perlman JM, Simon WM, Weiner GM, Zaichkin JG Circulation 2015 Nov 132 18 Suppl 2 S543-60
- Part 1: Executive Summary: 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
- Neumar RW, Shuster M, Callaway CW, Gent LM, Atkins DL, Bhanji F, Brooks SC, de Caen AR, Donnino MW, Ferrer JM, Kleinman ME, Kronick SL, Lavonas EJ, Link MS, Mancini ME, Morrison LJ, O'Connor RE, Samson RA, Schexnayder SM, Singletary EM, Sinz EH, Travers AH, Wyckoff MH, Hazinski MF Circulation 2015 Nov 132 18 Suppl 2 S315-67
- Part 7: Neonatal Resuscitation: 2015 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science With Treatment Recommendations.
- Perlman JM, Wyllie J, Kattwinkel J, Wyckoff MH, Aziz K, Guinsburg R, Kim HS, Liley HG, Mildenhall L, Simon WM, Szyld E, Tamura M, Velaphi S Circulation 2015 Oct 132 16 Suppl 1 S204-41
- Trends in Care Practices, Morbidity, and Mortality of Extremely Preterm Neonates, 1993-2012.
- Stoll BJ, Hansen NI, Bell EF, Walsh MC, Carlo WA, Shankaran S, Laptook AR, Sánchez PJ, Van Meurs KP, Wyckoff M, Das A, Hale EC, Ball MB, Newman NS, Schibler K, Poindexter BB, Kennedy KA, Cotten CM, Watterberg KL, D'Angio CT, DeMauro SB, Truog WE, Devaskar U, Higgins RD JAMA 2015 Sep 314 10 1039-51
Delivery Room Resuscitation. In Rudolph CD, Rudolph AM, Lister G, First LR, Gershon AA, eds. Rudolph's Pediatrics. 22nd ed.
Wyckoff MH. (2011). McGraw-Hill; 164-169.
Respiratory and Cardiovascular Support in the Delivery Room. In Bancalari E, ed. The Newborn Lung: Neonatology Questions and Controversies. 2nd ed.
Wyckoff MH. (2012). Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders; 247-264.
Chest Compression, Medications, and Special Problems in Neonatal Resuscitation. In Martin RJ, Fanaroff AA, Walsh MC, eds. Fanaroff and Martin's Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. 2nd ed.
Wyckoff M, Goldsmith JP. (2014). Elsevier Saunders.
Medications. In NRP Neonatal Resuscitation Textbook. 6th ed.
Wyckoff MH. (2011). American Academy of Pediatrics/American Heart Association; 211-236.
Honors & Awards
- Invited Lectureship, 6th Annual Fellows' Invited Lectureship
Wayne State University, Detroit, MI (2014)
- Elected Co-Chair of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program Steering Committee
American Academy of Pediatrics (2011)
- Elected to Perinatal Research Society
- Acute Care Rotation Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Medical School (2007-2009)
- Elected to Society for Pediatric Research
Medical Academic Honor Society (1994)
- Pediatric Faculty Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Pediatric Program Residents (2006, 2008, 2011)
- Perinatal Research Society (2008)
- Society for Pediatric Research (2007)
- American Heart Association (2006)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2000)
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association