Julie Lo, MD, is a member of the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She earned her medical degree and completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at UT Southwestern and followed that with a fellowship in maternal-fetal medicine here.
Dr. Lo is board certified in both obstetrics and gynecology and in maternal-fetal medicine. She is also a member of several organizations including the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologist and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
During her time at UT Southwestern, Dr. Lo has developed an interest in multiple gestations, complex maternal complications, and labor induction. As part of the maternal-fetal medicine team in the High-Risk Pregnancy and Prenatal Genetics program, she provides prenatal services including preconceptional counseling and consultation as well as delivery of pregnant women who require the unique expertise of adult and pediatric subspecialists at UT Southwestern and Children’s Medical Center.
Dr. Lo works with obstetricians to develop treatment plans and co-manage the care of women who are at high-risk for developing complications during pregnancy. She is one of the few maternal-fetal medicine specialists in Dallas who welcomes the opportunity to provide total obstetrical care. This allows her the chance to follow women throughout their pregnancies and the privilege to be present at their deliveries at William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital.
When she’s not working, Dr. Lo enjoys spending time with her family and friends.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1995)
- Parkland Memorial Hospital (1996), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Parkland Memorial Hospital (1999), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Parkland Memorial Hospital (2002), Maternal Fetal Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Mom Approved
Dallas Child Magazine (2013)
- Super Doctors in Texas - Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Top Doctors - Gynecology-Obstetrics
U.S. News and World Reports (2013)
- D Best Doctor - Gynecology-Obstetrics
D Magazine (2012)
- Dallas Area Breastfeeding Alliance
- Wyeth Resident Reporter
- Class of 1995, Class Officer
- Texas Medical Association Alternate Student Representative on Perinatal Health
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Medical Association
- Society of Maternal Fetal Medicine