BS, Physical Education, Brigham Young University, 1987.
MS, Physical Education - Exercise Physiology, University of Oregon, 1989.
PhD, Biological Sciences - Physiology, University of North Texas (currently University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth), 1993.
Postdoctoral Fellow with Dr. John M. Johnson; Department of Physiology; University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (1993-1996).
Director of the Thermal and Vascular Physiology Laboratory - Institute for Exercise and Environmental Medicine, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas (1996-present).
Assistant Professor - Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern (1996-2002).
Associate Professor - Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern (2002-2009).
Professor - Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern (2009-present).
|Graduate School||University of Oregon (1989)|
|Graduate School||University of North Texas (1993)|
- Blood pressure control during environmental stressors
- Impact of environmental stressors on hemorrhage control
- Mechanisms of cutaneous responses during hot flashes
- Neural control of skin blood flow and sweating
- Reinnervation and revascularization of grafted skin
- Thermoregulation in healthy and diseased humans
Ganio MS, Pearson J, Schlader ZJ, Brothers RM, Lucas RA, Rivas E, Kowalske KJ, Crandall CG J Burn Care Res 2013 Sep
Crandall CG, Wilson TE, Marving J, Bundgaard-Nielsen M, Seifert T, Klausen TL, Andersen F, Secher NH, Hesse B J. Physiol. (Lond.) 2012 Mar 590 Pt 5 1287-97
Effects of heat stress on thermoregulatory responses in congestive heart failure patients
Cui, J., A. Arbab-Zadeh, A. Prasad, S. Durand, B.D. Levine, C.G. Crandall Circulation 2005 112 2286-2292
Mechanism of cocaine-induced hyperthermia in humans
Crandall, C.G., W. Vongpatanasin, R.G. Victor Ann. Int. Med 2002 136 785-791
Schlader ZJ, Seifert T, Wilson TE, Bundgaard-Nielsen M, Secher NH, Crandall CG J. Appl. Physiol. 2013 Apr
Lucas RA, Ganio MS, Pearson J, Crandall CG Menopause 2013 Mar 20 3 299-304
Ganio MS, Gagnon D, Stapleton J, Crandall CG, Kenny GP J Burn Care Res 2012 Nov
Low DA, Hubing KA, Del Coso J, Crandall CG Menopause 2011 Apr 18 4 359-65
Davis SL, Shibasaki M, Low DA, Cui J, Keller DM, Wingo JE, Purdue GF, Hunt JL, Arnoldo BD, Kowalske KJ, Crandall CG J Burn Care Res 2009 Jul-Aug 30 4 675-85
Honors & Awards
- Associate Editor; American Journal of Physiology - Regulatory, Integrative, and Comparative Physiology
- Gisolfi Tutorial Lecture
- Fellow of the American College of Sport Medicine
- American College of Sport Medicine Young Investigator Award
- American Burn Association (2005)
- American Autonomic Society (1998)
- American Physiological Society (1998)
- American College of Sports Medicine (Fellow: 1999) (1990)