VP, Medical Staff Affairs at Childrens Medical Center Dallas. Interventional Pediatric Cardiologist involved in clinical trials of several transcatheter delivered devices for treatment of structural heart disease.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1983)
- University of Virginia Health System (1986), Pediatric Medicine
- Mayo Clinic (1989), Pediatric Cardiology
- Baylor College of Medicine (1997), Interventional Cardiac Catheterization
- Innovative transcatheter therapy to prevent structural heart disease in the fetus and newborn
- Transcatheter delivered devices in the treatment of structural heart disease
- Comprehensive assessment of patent ductus arteriosus by echocardiography before transcatheter closure.
- Ramaciotti C, Lemler MS, Moake L, Zellers TM J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2002 Oct 15 10 Pt 2 1154-9
- Bedside balloon atrial septostomy is safe, efficacious, and cost-effective compared with septostomy performed in the cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Zellers TM, Dixon K, Moake L, Wright J, Ramaciotti C Am. J. Cardiol. 2002 Mar 89 5 613-5
- Coarctation index: identification of recurrent coarctation in infants with hypoplastic left heart syndrome after the Norwood procedure.
- Lemler MS, Zellers TM, Harris KA, Ramaciotti C Am. J. Cardiol. 2000 Sep 86 6 697-9, A9
- Transcatheter coil occlusion of the small patent ductus arteriosus (<4 mm): improved results with a "multiple coil-no residual shunt" strategy.
- Zellers TM, Wylie KD, Moake L Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2000 Mar 49 3 307-13
- Prostacyclin-induced relaxations of small porcine pulmonary arteries are enhanced by the basal release of endothelium-derived nitric oxide through an effect on cyclic GMP-inhibited-cyclic AMP phosphodiesterase.
- Zellers TM, Wu YQ, McCormick J, Vanhoutte PM Acta Pharmacol. Sin. 2000 Feb 21 2 131-8
- Invasive Hemodynamics of Adult Congenital Heart Disease: From Shunts to Coarctation.
- Veeram Reddy SR, Nugent AW, Zellers TM, Dimas VV Interv Cardiol Clin 2017 Jul 6 3 345-358
- Initial Experience With the Pediatric Impella Device: A Feasibility Study in a Porcine Model.
- Webb MK, Wang J, Riegel MS, Guleserian KJ, Forbess JM, Zellers TM, Dimas VV Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2016 May
- Intermediate Outcomes in the Prospective, Multicenter Coarctation of the Aorta Stent Trial (COAST).
- Meadows J, Minahan M, McElhinney DB, McEnaney K, Ringel R Circulation 2015 May 131 19 1656-64
- One-year follow-up of the Melody transcatheter pulmonary valve multicenter post-approval study.
- Armstrong AK, Balzer DT, Cabalka AK, Gray RG, Javois AJ, Moore JW, Rome JJ, Turner DR, Zellers TM, Kreutzer J JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2014 Nov 7 11 1254-62
- Management and Outcomes of Heterotaxy Syndrome Associated With Pulmonary Atresia or Pulmonary Stenosis.
- Sebastian VA, Brenes J, Murthy R, Veeram Reddy S, Dimas VV, Nugent A, Zellers T, Huang R, Guleserian KJ, Forbess JM Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2014 Apr
Honors & Awards
- Best Pediatric Specialists
D Magazine (2010-2016)
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly Magazine (2005-2010)
- Patient's Choice Award
Mended Hearts Parents Group (2004)
- Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award
Awarded by Children’s Medical Center of Dallas (1991)
- Second Place, Young Investigator Award
Awarded by American Academy of Pediatrics Section of Cardiology, San Francisco, CA (1989)
- Finalist, Young Investigator Award
Awarded by American Academy of Pediatrics Section of Cardiology, Chicago, IL (1988)
- Best Paper by a Resident or Fellow
Awarded by Annual Meeting of Northwestern Pediatric Society, Bloomington, MN (1987)
- Eli Lilly Scholar
Awarded byWabash College (1977)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2007)
- Texas Medical Society (2007)
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas (2006)
- Congenital Cardiovascular Intervention Study Consortium, President (2005)
- Society for Cardiac Angiography and Intervention (1999)
- American Heart Association Councils for Basic Science and CVDY (1989)