Dr. Ellen Wilson is a member of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at UT Southwestern and Medical Director of the Pediatric-Adolescent Gynecology Program at Children’s Medical Center.
A board-certified reproductive endocrinologist, Dr. Wilson joined the faculty at UT Southwestern Medical Center in 2001 following eight years in private practice. She is a specialist in menstrual disorders, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), and surgical correction of congenital anomalies of the female reproductive tract. She is trained in minimally invasive surgical techniques including the use of the DaVinci Robot for procedures such as hysterectomy, myomectomy, and tubal reversal.
Dr. Wilson leads the team of obstetrician-gynecologists with specialized experience and training in the medical and surgical management of gynecologic conditions unique to the pediatric and adolescent population. She treats patients from infancy, through puberty, and into young adulthood and serves as a consultant for other physicians at UT Southwestern and in the community. Her goal is to provide the best care while preserving the future reproductive potential of her pediatric-adolescent gynecology patients.
Dr. Wilson received her medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine and spent a year as a medical missionary in Zaire, Africa, before finishing her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at George Washington University Hospital. After residency, she completed two fellowships – one in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at UT Southwestern and a second in minimally invasive surgery at Woman’s Hospital in Houston,Texas.
Dr. Wilson is a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and a member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, the North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, and the Association of Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons. She is fluent in English and French.
Dr. Wilson sees adult patients at the Fertility and Advanced Reproductive Medicine practice and the Lowe Foundation Center for Women’s Preventative Care, and pediatric-adolescent patients at Children’s Medical Center’s Ambulatory Care Pavilion.
To schedule a pediatric-adolescent gynecology appointment, please call Children’s at
Physicians, please call: 888-730-DOCS (3627).
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (1984)
- Good Shepherd Hospital (1985), Rotating
- George Washington University Hospital (1989), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1991), Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- Obstetrical & Gynecological Associates (1992), Reproductive Surgeons
- Abnormal/Irregular Vaginal Bleeding (Amenorrhea, Menorrhagia)
- Adolescent Gynecology
- Anatomic Disorders of Genital Tract
- Gynecologic Robotic & Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Hormone Assays, Testing & Therapy
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pediatric Gynecology
- Polycystic Ovary Disease
- Post-Menopausal Bleeding & Disorders
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Reproductive Endocrinology
Honors & Awards
- Super Doctors in Texas
Reproductive Endocrinology; Obstetrics/Gynecology (2013)
- Top Doctors - Reproductive Endocrinology; Gynecology
U. S. News and World Report (2013)
- D Best - Infertility; Obstetrics-Gynecology
D Magazine Best Doctors 2006, 2010, 2011 (2012)
- Texas Super Doctor -
- Fellows Teaching Award -
2006, 2009 (2009)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Resident Physician of the Year