NIH Pre-Doctoral Fellow (1990 - 1992) - UNT Health Scicene Center, Department of Integrative Physiology, Peter B. Raven; NIH Post-Doctoral Fellow (1992 - 1993) UT Southwestern Medical Center, Division of Cardiology, Jere H. Mitchell; NHBLI-NRSA (1993 - 1995) UT Southwestern Medical Center, Division of Cardiology; AHA funded research (1996 - 2006); NIH-NHLBI R01 funded research (1999 - 2004); Administrative duties (2001 - present)
|Undergraduate||University of Texas at Austin (1985)|
|Graduate School||University of North Texas Health Science Center (1992)|
- Exercise / Physical Activity
- Human Brain Mapping
- Neural Control of the Circulation
- Development, implementation, and short-term effectiveness of an interprofessional education course in a school of health professions.
- Klocko DJ, Hoggatt Krumwiede K, Olivares-Urueta M, Williamson JW J Allied Health 2012 41 1 14-20
- The relevance of central command for the neural cardiovascular control of exercise.
- Williamson JW Exp. Physiol. 2010 Nov 95 11 1043-8
- Are decreases in insular regional cerebral blood flow sustained during postexercise hypotension?
- Williamson JW, Querry R, McColl R, Mathews D Med Sci Sports Exerc 2009 Mar 41 3 574-80
- Exercise-induced decrease in insular activity during post-exercise hypotension
- Lamb, K., R. McColl, D. Mathews, R. Querry, and J.W. Williamson Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise 2007 39(4) 672-679
- New insights into central cardiovascular control during exercise in humans: a central command update.
- Williamson JW, Fadel PJ, Mitchell JH Exp. Physiol. 2006 Jan 91 1 51-8
- A 30-year follow-up of the Dallas Bedrest and Training Study: II. Effect of age on cardiovascular adaptation to exercise training.
- McGuire DK, Levine BD, Williamson JW, Snell PG, Blomqvist CG, Saltin B, Mitchell JH Circulation 2001 Sep 104 12 1358-66
- A 30-year follow-up of the Dallas Bedrest and Training Study: I. Effect of age on the cardiovascular response to exercise.
- McGuire DK, Levine BD, Williamson JW, Snell PG, Blomqvist CG, Saltin B, Mitchell JH Circulation 2001 Sep 104 12 1350-7
- Hypnotic manipulation of effort sense during dynamic exercise: cardiovascular responses and brain activation.
- Williamson JW, McColl R, Mathews D, Mitchell JH, Raven PB, Morgan WP J. Appl. Physiol. 2001 Apr 90 4 1392-9
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Eta
American College of Sports Medicine (2000)
- Visiting Scholar Award, UW Madison
American College of Sports Medicine (1998)
- National Reseach Service Award
- Forskerakademeit Research Award
Danish Research Council, Copenhagen, Denmark (1992)
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Physiological Society
- Organization for Human Brain Mapping