- Graduate School
- University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry (2007), Marriage and Family Therapy
- Graduate School
- Florida State University (2012), Marriage and Family Therapy
- How health behaviors link romantic relationship dysfunction and physical health across 20 years for middle-aged and older adults
- Roberson PNE, Shorter RL, Woods SB, Priest, J Soc Sci Med 2018 201 18-26
- In our lives and under our skin: An investigation of specific psychobiological mediators linking family relationships and health Using the Biobehavioral Family Model
- Priest JB, Roberson PNE, Woods, SB Fam Process 2018
- In sickness and in health: the longitudinal associations between marital dissatisfaction, depression and spousal health
- Woods SB, Priest JB, Signs TL, Maier CA Journal of Family Therapy 2018
- Do the Constructs of the FACES IV Change Based on Definitions of "Family?" A Measurement Invariance Test.
- Priest JB, Parker EO, Woods SB J Marital Fam Ther 2017 Jul
- The Biobehavioral Family Model: Close relationships and allostatic load.
- Priest JB, Woods SB, Maier CA, Parker EO, Benoit JA, Roush TR Soc Sci Med 2015 Oct 142 232-40
- Experiences of family therapists working with families in a transitional homeless community.
- Harris-McKoy DE, Woods SB, Brantley CW, Farineau HM J Marital Fam Ther 2015 Apr 41 2 192-204
- Predicting Improvement in Depression Across Therapies Using Indicators of Romantic Relationship Functioning: A Preliminary Investigation.
- Woods SB, Priest JB, Denton WH Am J Fam Ther 2015 Jan 43 1 44-56
- "I'm so excited for you!": How an enthusiastic responding intervention enhances close relationships
- Woods SB, Lambert NM, Brown P, Fincham F, May R Journal of Social and Personal Relationships 2015 32 1 24-40
- Tell me where it hurts: A pilot study assessing mental and relational health in primary care using a biopsychosocial assessment intervention
- Woods SB, Priest JB, Denton WH The Family Journal 2015 23 2 109-119
- The role of close relationships in the mental and physical health of Latino Americans
- Priest JB, Woods SB Family Relations 2015 64 2 319-331
Honors & Awards
- Excellence in the Media
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2017)
- Special Recognition Award
Texas Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2017)
- Dissertation Award
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2013)