- Medical School
- University of Texas Medical School at Houston (1981)
- St. Joseph's Hospital (1983), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Tufts University Affiliated Hospitals (1986), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- HPV infections in women
- Lower genital tract neoplasia
- Off-label high-risk HPV DNA testing of vaginal ASC-US and LSIL cytologic abnormalities at Parkland hospital.
- Chappell CA, West AM, Kabbani W, Werner CL J Low Genit Tract Dis 2010 Oct 14 4 352-5
- Loop electrosurgical excision procedure and risk of preterm birth.
- Werner CL, Lo JY, Heffernan T, Griffith WF, McIntire DD, Leveno KJ Obstet Gynecol 2010 Mar 115 3 605-8
- Comparison of human papilloma virus testing and spectroscopy combined with cervical cytology for the detection of high-grade cervical neoplasia.
- Werner CL, Griffith WF, Ashfaq R, Gossett D, Wilkinson E, Raab S, Bambot S, Mongin D, Faupel M J Low Genit Tract Dis 2007 Apr 11 2 73-9
Williams Gynecology 2nd Edition Study Guide
Werner CL, Moschos E, Griffith WF, Beshay VE, Rahn DD, Riichardson DL, Hoffman BL (2012). New York, McGraw-Hill, 2012
- American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Texas Association of Obstetrics and Gynecology