Dr. Kansagra earned his medical degree (M.B.B.S) at India’s N.H.L. Medical College, Gujarat University and completed his internal medicine training at North Shore Medical Center in Boston MA. He served as a Chief Resident after completing his internal medicine training focusing on improving education of medical students and residents along with leading many quality improvement initiatives for the organization. He has been awarded multiple recognitions for excellence in education of medical students by Tufts University. After finishing his Chief Residency he joined the Tufts University program for a fellowship in Hematology/Oncology where he also served on a prestigious position of a Chief Fellow. After completing his fellowship he joined the Mayo Clinic in Rochester as a stem cell transplant fellow before joining UT Southwestern Faculty in 2017.
Dr. Kansagra is board certified in internal medicine, and medical oncology. He focuses especially in Autologous and Allogeneic Stem Cell transplant and takes care of patients with Plasma Cell Disorders and Acute Leukemia’s. His clinical research is focused on improving therapy for hematological malignancies and developing newer cellular/immunotherapy approaches for these diseases. He has published multiple papers and presented at many national and internal conferences in leukemia and myeloma.
Dr. Kansagra is a member of American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Hematology and American Society of Bone Marrow Transplant. In addition he is involved in various national committee including the Practice Guidelines Committee of American Society of Bone Marrow Transplant and part of American Society of Hematology Advocacy Group.
- Medical School
- Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, India (2007)
- North Shore Medical Center (2012), Internal Medicine
- Baystate Medical Center (2016), Hematology Oncology
- Mayo Clinic (2017), Bone Marrow Transplant
- Acute Leukemia
- Acute Myelogeneous Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma
- Stem Cell Transplantation
- Cellular Theraphy
- Hematological Malignancies and Stem Cell Transplant
- Patient-centered Outcomes Research
- Infusion of autograft natural killer cell/CD14+HLA-DRDIM cell ratio predicts survival in lymphoma post autologous stem cell transplantation.
- Kansagra A, Inwards DJ, Ansell SM, Micallef IN, Johnston PB, Hogan WJ, Markovic SN, Porrata LF Bone Marrow Transplant. 2017 Oct
- Safety and Efficacy of Infliximab Therapy in the Setting of Steroid-Refractory Acute Graft-versus-Host Disease.
- Yalniz FF, Hefazi M, McCullough K, Litzow MR, Hogan WJ, Wolf R, Alkhateeb H, Kansagra A, Damlaj M, Patnaik MM Biol. Blood Marrow Transplant. 2017 Sep 23 9 1478-1484
- Continuing challenges and current issues in acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Kansagra A, Dahiya S, Litzow M Leuk. Lymphoma 2017 Jun 1-16
- Treatment of Young Adults with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
- Kansagra A, Litzow M Curr Hematol Malig Rep 2017 Jun 12 3 187-196
- Blood Management Strategies to Reduce Transfusions After Elective Lower-Extremity Joint Arthroplasty Surgeries.
- Kansagra A, Andrzejewski C, Krushell R, Lehman A, Greenbaum J, Visintainer P, McGirr J, Mahoney K, Cloutier D, Ehresman A, Stefan MS Am J Med Qual 2017 Jan 1062860616687035
- Predictors of the Use of Specific Critical Care Therapies in Patients With Metastatic Cancer.
- Loh KP, Kansagra A, Shieh MS, Pekow P, Lindenauer P, Stefan M, Lagu T J Natl Compr Canc Netw 2017 Jan 15 1 22-30
- Predictors of In-Hospital Mortality in Patients With Metastatic Cancer Receiving Specific Critical Care Therapies.
- Loh KP, Kansagra A, Shieh MS, Pekow P, Lindenauer P, Stefan M, Lagu T J Natl Compr Canc Netw 2016 Aug 14 8 979-87
- A Clinical Prediction Model to Assess Risk for Chemotherapy-Related Hospitalization in Patients Initiating Palliative Chemotherapy.
- Brooks GA, Kansagra AJ, Rao SR, Weitzman JI, Linden EA, Jacobson JO JAMA Oncol 2015 Jul 1 4 441-7
- Paraneoplastic autoimmune hemolytic anemia in ovarian cancer: a marker of disease activity.
- Loh KP, Kansagra A, Asik A, Ali S, Dahiya S Rare Tumors 2015 Feb 7 1 5598
- Prolonged hypothermia due to olanzapine in the setting of renal failure: a case report and review of the literature.
- Kansagra A, Patel S, Wilcox SR Ther Adv Psychopharmacol 2013 Dec 3 6 335-9
Preoperative Anemia: Evaluation and Treatment. In Anesthesiology Clinics
Kansagra A, Stefan M. (2016). Philadelphia, PA, Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- Best Resident - Teaching and Education
Tufts University (2011-2012)
- Partners in Excellence Award
Partners Health Care System, Massachusetts (2011)
- Outstanding Work in Field of Quality Improvement and Better Patient Care
St. Barnabas Health Care System, New Jersey (2009)
- American Society of Bone Marrow Transplant (2015)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (2013)
- American Society of Hematology (2013)