1999-2004 Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern
2000 William F. Keating Career Development Award for
Hypertension and Peripheral Vascular Disease, American College of Cardiology
2004- Associate Professor, Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern
2009- Director, Hypertension Section, Cardiology Division, UT Southwestern
2010 Norman and Audrey Kaplan Chair in Hypertension
2011 The Endocrine Society’s International Award of Excellence in Published Clinical Research
- Medical School
- Chulalongkorn Hospital (1990)
- Parkland Health & Hospital System (1992), Medicine
- Parkland Health & Hospital System (1994), Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1998), Cardiology
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Early Onset Hypertension
- Orthostatic Hypotension
- Primary Aldosteronism
- Resistant Hypertension
- Therapeutic drug monitoring facilitates blood pressure control in resistant hypertension.
- Brinker S, Pandey A, Ayers C, Price A, Raheja P, Arbique D, Das SR, Halm EA, Kaplan NM, Vongpatanasin W J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2014 Mar 63 8 834-5
- Differential Effects of Nebivolol Versus Metoprolol on Functional Sympatholysis in Hypertensive Humans.
- Price A, Raheja P, Wang Z, Arbique D, Adams-Huet B, Mitchell JH, Victor RG, Thomas GD, Vongpatanasin W Hypertension 2013 Apr
- Dexmedetomidine as a Novel Countermeasure for Cocaine-Induced Central Sympathoexcitation in Cocaine-Addicted Humans.
- Kontak AC, Victor RG, Vongpatanasin W Hypertension 2013 Jan
- Spironolactone Prevents Chlorthalidone-Induced Sympathetic Activation and Insulin Resistance in Hypertensive Patients.
- Raheja P, Price A, Wang Z, Arbique D, Adams-Huet B, Auchus RJ, Vongpatanasin W Hypertension 2012 Jun
- Functional sympatholysis is impaired in hypertensive humans.
- Vongpatanasin W, Wang Z, Arbique D, Arbique G, Adams-Huet B, Mitchell JH, Victor RG, Thomas GD J. Physiol. (Lond.) 2011 Mar 589 Pt 5 1209-20
- Reversible sympathetic overactivity in hypertensive patients with primary aldosteronism.
- Kontak AC, Wang Z, Arbique D, Adams-Huet B, Auchus RJ, Nesbitt SD, Victor RG, Vongpatanasin W J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2010 Oct 95 10 4756-61
- Adiposity-independent sympathetic activity in black men.
- Abbas A, Szczepaniak LS, Tuncel M, McGavock JM, Huet B, Fadel PJ, Wang Z, Arbique D, Victor R, Vongpatanasin W J. Appl. Physiol. 2010 Jun 108 6 1613-8
- Differential effects of chlorthalidone versus spironolactone on muscle sympathetic nerve activity in hypertensive patients.
- Menon DV, Arbique D, Wang Z, Adams-Huet B, Auchus RJ, Vongpatanasin W J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2009 Apr 94 4 1361-6
- Central sympatholysis as a novel countermeasure for cocaine-induced sympathetic activation and vasoconstriction in humans.
- Menon DV, Wang Z, Fadel PJ, Arbique D, Leonard D, Li JL, Victor RG, Vongpatanasin W J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2007 Aug 50 7 626-33
- C-reactive protein causes downregulation of vascular angiotensin subtype 2 receptors and systolic hypertension in mice.
- Vongpatanasin W, Thomas GD, Schwartz R, Cassis LA, Osborne-Lawrence S, Hahner L, Gibson LL, Black S, Samols D, Shaul PW Circulation 2007 Feb 115 8 1020-8
Honors & Awards
- The Endocrine Society’s International Award of Excellence in Published Clinical Research
- Norman & Audrey Kaplan Chair in Hypertension Research
- Fellow of the American Heart Association, High Blood pressure Council
- Fellow of the American Heart Association, Clinical Carddiology Council
- American College of Cardiology/ William F. Keating award
Career Development Award for Hypertension and Peripheral Vascular Disease (2000)
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Physician
- American Heart Association
- American Physiological Society
- American Society of Hypertension