- Graduate School
- Oregon State University (1957)
- Graduate School
- Univ of California-Berkeley (1962)
- Glucose signaling pathway and its signaling mechanism in lipogenesis.
- Long term regulation which includes transcriptional controls by hormones, nutrients and stress factors.
- Regulation of carbohydrate metabolism and lipogenesis in various mammalian tissues.
- Short term regulation such as allosteric controls of key enzymes in glucose metabolism and fat synthesis.
- Carbohydrate-response element-binding protein deletion alters substrate utilization producing and energy-deficient liver
- Burgess, SC, Iizuka, K, Jeoung,NH, Harris, RA, Kahsiwaya, Y, Veech, RL, Kitazume, T., and Uyeda, K J. Biol. Chem. January 2008 283 1670-1678
- A Glucose-Responsive Transcription Factor that regulates Carbohydrate Metabolism in the liver.
- Yamashita, H.,Takenoshita, M., Sakurai, M., Bruick, R.K., Henzel, W.J., Shillinglaw, W., Arnot, D., and Uyeda, K. Proc Natl. Acad. Sci. 2001 98 9116-9121
- Glucose and cAMP Regulate L-type Pyruvate Kinase Gene by Phosphorylation/Dephosphorylation of the Carbohydrate Response Element Binding Protein.
- Kawaguchi, T., Takenoshita, M., Kabashima, T., and Uyeda, K. Proc. Natl..Acad. Sci. 2001 98 13710 13715
- Crystallization and Preliminary X-ray Analysis of Fructose 6-phosphate,2-kinase:Fructose 2,6-bisphosphatase.
- Istvan, E.S., Hasemann, C.A., Kurumbail, R.G., Uyeda, K., and Deisenhofer, J. Protein Sci. 1995 4 2439-2441
- Catalyzing Dephosphorylation of Fructose 6-phosphate,2-kinase:Fructose 2,6-bisphosphatase
- Nishimura, M. and Uyeda, K. J. Biol. Chem. 1995 270 9116-9121
- Regulation of nuclear import/export of carbohydrate response element-binding protein (ChREBP)
- Sakiyamam H, Wynn, RM, Lee, WR, Fukasawa, M, Mizuguchi, H, Gardner, KH, Repa, JJ, and Uyeda,K J Biol. Chem. September 2008 283 24899-24908
- Carbohydrate-response element-binding protein deletion alters substrrate utilization producing an energy-deficient liver
- Burgess, SC, Iizuka, K., Jeoung, NH, Harris, RA, Kashiwaya, Y, Veech, RL, Kitazume, T, and Uyeda, K., J. Biol. Chem 2008 283 1670-1678
- Carbohydrate response element binding protein, ChREBP, a transcription factor coupling hepatic glucose utilization and lipid synthesis.
- Uyeda, K., and Repa, J.J. Cell Metabolism 2006 4 107-110
- Deficiency of carbohydrate-activated transcription factor ChREBP prevents obesity and improves plasma glucose control in leptin-deficient (ob/ob) mice.
- Iizuka, K., Miller, B., and Uyeda, K. Am. J. of Physiol. Endcrinol. Metab. 2006 291 E358-E364
- Xylulose 5-phosphate mediates glucose-induced lipogenesis by xylulose 5-phosphate-activated protein phosphatase in rat liver.
- Kabashima T, Kawaguchi T, Wadzinski BE, Uyeda K. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA May 2003 100(10) 5578-80
Honors & Awards
- William S. Middleton Award
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Chemical Society
- American Society of Biological Chemists