Patient appointments – 214-645-3838 or 214-645-8300
Dr. Truong is a member of the Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology and Medical Director of the Comprehensive Obstetrics and Gynecology Program at UT Southwestern.
Born in Vietnam, Dr. Truong has resided in the Dallas area since 1975. After receiving his medical degree from the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio in 1987, he completed his residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Methodist Medical Center and Parkland Memorial Hospital and then joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 1991.
Dr. Truong is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and is a member of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, and the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons.
Fluent in English and Vietnamese, Dr. Truong brings an infectious energy to his medical practice and provides obstetrical as well as gynecological and well-woman preventative care. As the father of five, he knows that each pregnancy – like each child – is different. He is committed to promoting good health, longevity, and well being for each of his patients.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio (1987)
- Parkland Health and Hospital System (1989), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Methodist Dallas Medical Center (1991), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Abnormal/Irregular Vaginal Bleeding (Amenorrhea, Menorrhagia)
- Hormone Assays, Testing & Therapy
- Vaginal & Vulvar Disorders, Dyplasia
- Use of Laparoscopic Surgery for the Diagnosis & Treatment of the Pelvic Mass
Honors & Awards
- Physician’s Recognition Award
- Citizenship Award, Dedman College/SMU
- K. Newman Memorial Scholar
- Kappa Mu Epsilon Society
- SMU Dean’s List
- American Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Medical Foundation