- Medical School
- Baroda Medical College (1980)
- S.S. General Hospital (1981), Psychiatry
- University General Hospital (1985), Psychiatry
- Henry Ford Hospital (1990), Psychiatry
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1993), Psychiatry
- Evidence based psychopharmacology and treatment algorithms in Mood Disorders
- Functional Brain Imaging in Major Depressive and Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Neurobiology and Psychopharmacology of Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Modeling predictors, moderators and mediators of treatment outcome and resistance in depression.
- Trivedi MH Biol. Psychiatry 2013 Jul 74 1 2-4
- Increase in work productivity of depressed individuals with improvement in depressive symptom severity.
- Trivedi MH, Morris DW, Wisniewski SR, Lesser I, Nierenberg AA, Daly E, Kurian BT, Gaynes BN, Balasubramani GK, Rush AJ Am J Psychiatry 2013 Jun 170 6 633-41
- Evidence-based recommendations for the prescription of exercise for major depressive disorder.
- Rethorst CD, Trivedi MH J Psychiatr Pract 2013 May 19 3 204-12
- Clinical and sociodemographic characteristics associated with suicidal ideation in depressed outpatients.
- Trivedi MH, Morris DW, Wisniewski SR, Nierenberg AA, Gaynes BN, Kurian BT, Warden D, Stegman D, Shores-Wilson K, Rush AJ Can J Psychiatry 2013 Feb 58 2 113-22
- Exercise as an augmentation treatment for nonremitted major depressive disorder: a randomized, parallel dose comparison.
- Trivedi MH, Greer TL, Church TS, Carmody TJ, Grannemann BD, Galper DI, Dunn AL, Earnest CP, Sunderajan P, Henley SS, Blair SN J Clin Psychiatry 2011 May 72 5 677-84
- The current crisis of confidence in antidepressants.
- Nierenberg AA, Leon AC, Price LH, Shelton RC, Trivedi MH J Clin Psychiatry 2011 Jan 72 1 27-33
- Stimulant reduction intervention using dosed exercise (STRIDE) - CTN 0037: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.
- Trivedi MH, Greer TL, Grannemann BD, Church TS, Somoza E, Blair SN, Szapocznik J, Stoutenberg M, Rethorst C, Warden D, Ring KM, Walker R, Morris DW, Kosinski AS, Kyle T, Marcus B, Crowell B, Oden N, Nunes E Trials 2011 12 206
- Association between major depressive episodes in patients with chronic kidney disease and initiation of dialysis, hospitalization, or death.
- Hedayati SS, Minhajuddin AT, Afshar M, Toto RD, Trivedi MH, Rush AJ JAMA 2010 May 303 19 1946-53
- Bupropion-SR, Sertraline, or Venlafaxine-XR after Failure of SSRIs for Depression
- Rush, A.J., Trivedi, M.H., Wisniewski, S.R., Stewart, J.W., Nierenberg, A., Thase, M.E., Ritz, L., Biggs, M.M., Warden, D., Luther, J.F., Shores-Wilson, K., Niederehe, G., Fava, M. New England Journal of Medicine Spring 2006 354 1231-42
- Medication Augmentation after the Failure of SSRIs for Depression
- Trivedi, M.H., Fava, M., Wisniewski, S.R., Thase, M.E., Quitkin, F., Warden, D., Ritz, L., Nierenberg, A.A., Lebowitz, B.D., Biggs, M.M., Luther, J. F., Shores-Wilson, K., Rush, A.J. New England Journal of Medicine Spring 2006 354 1243-52
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Academician Award
Indo American Psychiatric Association (IAPA) (2005)
- Honorary International Advisory Member
The Chinese Pharmacology Algorithm Project (2002)
- Psychiatric Excellence Award
Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians (TSPP) (2002)
- Gerald L. Klerman Young Investigator Award
National Depressive and Manic-Depressive Association Scientific Advisory Board (2000)
- Depression Specific Content Expert, Evidence Based Report Center (San Antonio)
Agency for Health Care Policy and Research , U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services (1997)
- ACNP American College of Neuropsychopharmacology
- American Psychiatric Association
- Texas Indo-American Physicians Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians