Dr. Tessnow was raised in Bedford, TX, attended the University of Dallas, and graduated from UT Southwestern Medical School in 1996. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Utah. After practicing Internal Medicine in Salt Lake City for 8 years, he returned to UT Southwestern for his fellowship training in Endocrinology.
His main clinical and academic interests relate to the treatment of thyroid disorders, thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1996)
- University of Utah Healthcare - Salt Lake City (1999), Internal Medicine
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School (2009), Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Expression of Humoral Autoimmunity is Related to Androgen Receptor CAG Repeat Length in Men with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
- Tessnow AH, Olsen NJ, Kovacs WJ Journal of clinical immunology 2011 Mar 567-73
- The Changing Face of Sheehan Syndrome
- Tessnow A, Wilson J The American Journal of the Medical Sciences Spring 2010 Accepted for Publication
- Mediastinal paragangliomas: association with mutations in the succinate dehydrogenase genes and aggressive behavior
- Ghayee H, Havekes B, Corssmit E, Eisenhofer G, Hammes S, Ahmad Z, Tessnow A, Lazurova I, Adams K, Fojo A, Pacak K, Auchus R Endocrine Related Cancer Spring 2009 16/1 291-299
Honors & Awards
- Daniel W. Foster Clinical Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Endocrinology Fellowship teaching award (2013)
- North Central Texas Clinical and Translational Science Initiative Pilot
- Cardinal Spellman Award for Academic Achievement
- The Departmental Award in Chemistry
University of Dallas (1992)
- American Thyroid Association (2011-2013)
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- The Endocrine Society