Dr. Ghanta graduated from Guntur Medical College, India. After completing her transplant nephrology training at Columbia University College of Medicine, NY, Dr. Ghanta worked as transplant nephrologist at Wake Forest University School of Medicine in North Carolina and Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Ghanta brings to UTSW a strong clinical experience in kidney transplantation. She currently specializes in taking care of kidney and pancreas transplant recipients as well as other solid organ transplant recipients with kidney problems. Her clinical practice emphasizes on providing best available care to patients to achieve excellent outcomes in an efficient manner. Dr. Ghanta’s interests outside of medicine include spending time with her family and reading.
- Medical School
- Guntur Medical College (2003)
- University of North Dakota (2006), Internal Medicine
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Jacobi Medical Center (2007), Internal Medicine
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Jacobi Medical Center (2009), Nephrology
- Columbia University Medical Center (2010), Transplant Nephrology
- BK Virus Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease in Kidney Transplant Recipients
- Living Organ Donation
- Outcomes of High Risk Kidney Transplantation
- Long-Term Functional Recovery, Quality of Life, and Pregnancy After Solid Organ Transplantation.
- Rao S, Ghanta M, Moritz MJ, Constantinescu S Med. Clin. North Am. 2016 May 100 3 613-29
- Renal Transplantation in Advanced Chronic Kidney Disease Patients.
- Ghanta M, Jim B Med. Clin. North Am. 2016 May 100 3 465-76
- Pathophysiologic and treatment strategies for cardiovascular disease in end-stage renal disease and kidney transplantations.
- Ghanta M, Kozicky M, Jim B Cardiol Rev 2015 May-Jun 23 3 109-18
- Impact of Donor Specific HLA Antibody Monitoring After Kidney Transplantation.
- Rao S, Ghanta M, Lee IJ, Gillespie A, Parekh HK, Geier SS, Zeng X, Karachristos A, Lau KN, Karhadkar S, Di Carlo A, Sifontis NM, Constantinescu S Clin Transpl 2014 143-51
- Dysregulated nephrin in diabetic nephropathy of type 2 diabetes: a cross sectional study.
- Jim B, Ghanta M, Qipo A, Fan Y, Chuang PY, Cohen HW, Abadi M, Thomas DB, He JC PLoS ONE 2012 7 5 e36041
- Results of repeat renal transplantation after graft loss from BK virus nephropathy.
- Geetha D, Sozio SM, Ghanta M, Josephson M, Shapiro R, Dadhania D, Hariharan S Transplantation 2011 Oct 92 7 781-6
- Collapsing glomerulopathy in a renal transplant recipient: potential molecular mechanisms.
- Dogan E, Ghanta M, Tanriover B Ann. Transplant. 2011 Apr-Jun 16 2 113-6
- Pancreas transplantation: lessons learned from a decade of experience at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
- Rogers J, Farney AC, Al-Geizawi S, Iskandar SS, Doares W, Gautreaux MD, Hart L, Kaczmorski S, Reeves-Daniel A, Winfrey S, Ghanta M, Adams PL, Stratta RJ Rev Diabet Stud 2011 8 1 17-27
Current Immunosuppression in Renal Transplantation. In Current Issues and Future Direction in Kidney Transplantation
Mythili Ghanta, Raji Jacobs, Jeanie Dreier, Iris Lee ().
- American Society of Nephrology (2011)