Dr. Rashdan is originally from Syria and received her initial medical training at Indiana University in Indianapolis, Indiana. Drawn by her passion to take care of cancer patients and by the huge advances in cancer treatment she completed her hematology and medical oncology fellowship at the University of Minnesota. Dr. Rashdan brings to UTSW a strong background in general medical oncology, benign and malignant hematology. Her clinical practice is focused on lung and breast cancers and providing patients with the best treatment available for each individual.
Outside of medicine she enjoys spending time with her family and her children, cooking and traveling.
- Medical School
- Damascus University School of Medicine (2008)
- Indiana University School of Medicine (2012), Internal Medicine
- Indiana University Health (2016), Hematology & Oncology
- Breast Cancer in Pregnancy
- Colloid Breast Carcinoma
- Inflammatory Breast Cancer
- Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
- Invasive Lobular Carcinoma
- Male Breast Cancer
- Medullary Breast Cancer
- Mucinous Breast Carcinoma
- Triple Negative Breast Cancer
- Tubular Breast Cancer
- Asbestos Lung Cancer (Mesothelioma)
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Pulmonary Cancer
- Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Hormonal Therapy for Breast Cancer
- Latest Chemotherapy Options for Breast Cancer
- Management of Side Effects of Chemotherapy
- Neoadjuvant Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Targeted Therapy for Breast Cancer
- Adjuvant & NeoAdjuvant Therapy for Lung Cancer
- Latest Chemotherapy Options for Lung Cancer
- Targeted Therapy for Lung Cancer
- Immunotherapy Treatment in Lung Cancer
- Going into BATTLE: umbrella and basket clinical trials to accelerate the study of biomarker-based therapies.
- Rashdan S, Gerber DE Ann Transl Med 2016 Dec 4 24 529
- Salvage Therapy for Patients With Germ Cell Tumor.
- Rashdan S, Einhorn LH J Oncol Pract 2016 May 12 5 437-43
- Cumulative effect of zinc oxide and titanium oxide nanoparticles on growth and chlorophyll a content of Picochlorum sp.
- Hazeem LJ, Bououdina M, Rashdan S, Brunet L, Slomianny C, Boukherroub R Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 2016 Feb 23 3 2821-30
- Effect of magnetic iron oxide (Fe3O4) nanoparticles on the growth and photosynthetic pigment content of Picochlorum sp.
- Hazeem LJ, Waheed FA, Rashdan S, Bououdina M, Brunet L, Slomianny C, Boukherroub R, Elmeselmani WA Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 2015 Aug 22 15 11728-39
- Nintedanib for the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Rashdan S, Hanna N Expert Opin Pharmacother 2014 Apr 15 5 729-39
- Pyridyl thioureas as switchable anion receptors.
- Rashdan S, Light ME, Kilburn JD Chem. Commun. (Camb.) 2006 Nov 44 4578-80