- Graduate School
- Stanford University (1979), Genetics
- Cancer Immunology
- Host-Pathogen Interactions
- Mucosal Immunity
- Correction of defects responsible for impaired Qa-2 class Ib MHC expression on melanoma cells protects mice from tumor growth.
- Chiang EY, Henson M, Stroynowski I J. Immunol. 2003 May 170 9 4515-23
- A non-polymorphic MHC class Ib molecule binds a large array of diverse self peptides
- Joyce, S., Tabaczewski, P., Angeletti, R.H., Nathenson, S.G. and Stroynowski, I. J.Exp. Med. 1994 179 579-588
- Alternative splicing of class Ib MHC transcripts in vivo leads to the expression of soluble Qa-2 molecules in murine blood.
- Tabaczewski, P., Shirwan, H., Lewis, K. and Stroynowski, I. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1994 91 1883-1887
- Regulation of gene expression by interferons: control of the H-2 promoter responses.
- Korber, B., Mermod, N., Hood, L. and Stroynowski, I. Science 1988 239 1302-1306
- A single gene encodes soluble and membrane-bound forms of the major histocompatibility Qa-2 antigen: anchoring of the product by a phospholipid tail.
- Stroynowski, I., Soloski, M., Low, M.G. and Hood, L. Cell 1987 50 759-768
- A murine family of gut-expressed class Ib MHC includes alternatively spliced isoforms of the proposed HLA-G homolog.
- Guidry P. and Stroynowski, I. J. Immunol. 2005 175 5248-5259
- Hepatocytes express abundant surface class I MHC and efficiently utilize TAP, TPN and LMP components of Ag presentation and processing pathway
- Chen, M., Tabaczewski, P., Truscott , S., Van Kaer L. and Stroynowski, I. J. Immunol. 2005 175 1047-1055
- Protective immunity to disparate tumors is mediated by a nonpolymorphic class I MHC molecule.
- Chiang, E. Y. and Stroynowski, I. J. Immunol. 2005 174 5367-5374
- A nonclassical class I MHC molecule restricts CTL-mediated rejection of a syngeneic melanoma tumor.
- Chiang, E. Y. and Stroynowski, I. J. Immunol. 2004 173 4394-4401
Honors & Awards
- Senior Scholar of Ellison Medical Foundation
- American Cancer Society Postdoctoral Fellow
- American Association for the Advancement of the Sciences
- American Association of Immunologists
- New York Academy of Sciences
- Society for Mucosal Immunology