Michael Cotter graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in Philosophy from the University of Notre Dame. He attended the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and did his Pediatric residency training at the Boston Combined Residency Program (Children’s Hospital, Boston / Boston Medical Center). Michael practiced general Pediatric primary care medicine for 13 years (in Maryland and most recently in Topeka, Kansas) where he further developed his interest in taking care of children with complex medical issues and special needs. He joined the Complex Care Medical Services with Children’s Health in September 2016.
- Quality improvement
- Role of family history and ethnicity on the mode and age of prostate cancer presentation.
- Cotter MP, Gern RW, Ho GY, Chang RY, Burk RD Prostate 2002 Mar 50 4 216-21
- Age-Related Disease Penetrance in a Large Medullary Thyroid Cancer Family With a Codon 609 RET Gene Mutation.
- Halling KC, Bufill JA, Cotter M, Artz SA, Carpenter AB, Schaid D, Hartman-Adams H, Chang HH, Boustany MM, Fithian L, Jhiang SM, Thibodeau SN Mol. Diagn. 1997 Dec 2 4 277-286
Honors & Awards
- Senior Resident Teaching Award
Boston University School of Medicine (2003)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2000)
- Phi Beta Kappa
University of Notre Dame (1994)
- American Academy of Pediatrics