Dr. Dutra de Abreu has completed Medical School at Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora(MG), Psychiatric Training at Fhemig( Instituto Raul Soares ) in Belo Horizonte(MG) and her Master's degree at the University of Sao Paulo (USP) . She has practiced as a Psychiatrist in Brazil for 8 years before moving to the US. She has completed her Residency training at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston ,TX and her Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship at UTSW. Her interests include dementia with an emphasis on Alzheimer’s disease ,mild cognitive impairment as well as depression.
- A Simulation Exercise to Raise Learners' Awareness of the Physical and Cognitive Changes in Older Adults
- de Abreu ID1, Hinojosa-Lindsey M2, Asghar-Ali AA3,4,5. Acad Psychiatry 2017
- Interventions to Reduce Burden for Rural Caregivers of Patients with Dementia: A Review
- I Dutra de Abreu, S Hudson, M E Kunik. The Internet Journal of Advanced Nursing Practice. 2015 2015 Volume 14 Number 1.
- Combining functional scales and cognitive tests in screening for mild cognitive impairment at a university-based memory clinic in Brazil
- Abreu ID, Nunes P, Diniz B, Forlenza OV Revista Brasileira de Psiquiatria 2008 30(4) 346-349.
- Alzheimer Disease: correlation between memory and autonomy
- Abreu ID, Forlenza OV, Barros HL Revista de Psiquiatria Clinica 2005 ; 32(3): 131-136
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the 2016 Resident Research Award from Baylor College of Medicine,-Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. In recognition of scholarly accomplishments.
Baylor College of Medicine -Houston TX (2016)
- Honors Scholar Awardee at Geriatric Mental Health Foundation (GMHF) Scholars Fund Selection Committee, at the American Association of Geriatrics Psychiatry.Meeting held in March14th to 17 th in Orlando Florida during the 2014 Annual Meeting of the American Association of Geriatric Psychiatry.
- TRIPSS Scholar awardee. The South Central Mental Illness Research, Education, & Clinical Center (MIRECC) sponsored 12th Annual TRIPS . TRIPS (Training Residents in Psychiatry Scholarship).Meeting held at Tulane University 2014 Forensic Psychiatry Conference on April 11-14, 2014.
- UTSW (2017)