Dr. Christina Ching is a graduate of Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. She completed her internship and pediatric residency at the Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA. She continued as faculty at VCU in the general pediatrics division. She was an associate program director and director of the primary care tract during her time at VCU. She moved to Dallas in 2016 and joined the neonatology division at UT Southwestern, and is a pediatric provider in the newborn nursery. Her additional interests include quality improvement, and resident and medical student education.
- University of California-San D (2006), Microbiology
- Medical School
- Drexel University (2010), Medical Sciences
- Histone modifications at human enhancers reflect global cell-type-specific gene expression.
- Heintzman ND, Hon GC, Hawkins RD, Kheradpour P, Stark A, Harp LF, Ye Z, Lee LK, Stuart RK, Ching CW, Ching KA, Antosiewicz-Bourget JE, Liu H, Zhang X, Green RD, Lobanenkov VV, Stewart R, Thomson JA, Crawford GE, Kellis M, Ren B Nature 2009 May 459 7243 108-12
- Distinct and predictive chromatin signatures of transcriptional promoters and enhancers in the human genome.
- Heintzman ND, Stuart RK, Hon G, Fu Y, Ching CW, Hawkins RD, Barrera LO, Van Calcar S, Qu C, Ching KA, Wang W, Weng Z, Green RD, Crawford GE, Ren B Nat. Genet. 2007 Mar 39 3 311-8
Honors & Awards
- Emily Gardner Pediatric Resident Award
Childrens Hospital of Richmond at VCU (2013)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2010)