Dr. Runzhi Zhu is originally from China and received his initial medical training at Shanghai Jiao Tong University in Shanghai, China. Drawn by the opportunity for the harmonious integration of clinical medicine, pathology, and pharmacology, he completed his medical oncology fellowship at the University of China Pharmaceutical University. Dr. Zhu brings to UTSW a strong background in general medical oncology, pharmacology, and medical education. He currently specializes in breast cancer, liver cancer, and leukemia. Dr. Zhu’s interests outside of medicine include his family, reading, and the great outdoors.
- Molecular Mechanism of Anti-tumor Drugs
- Tumor Pharmacology
- Dihydromyricetin alleviates carbon tetrachloride-induced acute liver injury via JNK-dependent mechanism in mice.
- Xie J, Liu J, Chen TM, Lan Q, Zhang QY, Liu B, Dai D, Zhang WD, Hu LP, Zhu RZ World J. Gastroenterol. 2015 May 21 18 5473-81
- Notch3 functions as a regulator of cell self-renewal by interacting with the ß-catenin pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Zhang Q, Lu C, Fang T, Wang Y, Hu W, Qiao J, Liu B, Liu J, Chen N, Li M, Zhu R Oncotarget 2015 Feb 6 6 3669-79
- ERRATUM: A reduction in reactive oxygen species contributes to dihydromyricetin-induced apoptosis in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells.
- Liu B, Tan X, Liang J, Wu S, Liu J, Zhang Q, Zhu R Sci Rep 2015 5 7940
- Dihydromyricetin Enhances the Chemo-Sensitivity of Nedaplatin via Regulation of the p53/Bcl-2 Pathway in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells.
- Jiang L, Zhang Q, Ren H, Ma S, Lu C, Liu B, Liu J, Liang J, Li M, Zhu R PLoS ONE 2015 10 4 e0124994
- Dihydromyricetin inhibits migration and invasion of hepatoma cells through regulation of MMP-9 expression.
- Zhang QY, Li R, Zeng GF, Liu B, Liu J, Shu Y, Liu ZK, Qiu ZD, Wang DJ, Miao HL, Li MY, Zhu RZ World J. Gastroenterol. 2014 Aug 20 29 10082-93
- Dihydromyricetin induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in melanoma SK-MEL-28 cells.
- Zeng G, Liu J, Chen H, Liu B, Zhang Q, Li M, Zhu R Oncol. Rep. 2014 Jun 31 6 2713-9
- Dihydromyricetin induces autophagy in HepG2 cells involved in inhibition of mTOR and regulating its upstream pathways.
- Xia J, Guo S, Fang T, Feng D, Zhang X, Zhang Q, Liu J, Liu B, Li M, Zhu R Food Chem. Toxicol. 2014 Apr 66 7-13
- Dihydromyricetin promotes hepatocellular carcinoma regression via a p53 activation-dependent mechanism.
- Zhang Q, Liu J, Liu B, Xia J, Chen N, Chen X, Cao Y, Zhang C, Lu C, Li M, Zhu R Sci Rep 2014 4 4628
- Oroxylin A accelerates liver regeneration in CCl4-induced acute liver injury mice.
- Zhu R, Zeng G, Chen Y, Zhang Q, Liu B, Liu J, Chen H, Li M PLoS ONE 2013 8 8 e71612
- Dihydromyricetin reduced Bcl-2 expression via p53 in human hepatoma HepG2 cells.
- Wu S, Liu B, Zhang Q, Liu J, Zhou W, Wang C, Li M, Bao S, Zhu R PLoS ONE 2013 8 11 e76886