Dr. Zhang is originally from China. She received her B.S. degree from Jilin University in 2003 and M.S. degree in microbiology from Shandong University in 2006. Drawn by the opportunity for the harmonious integration of molecular genetics, cell biology and mouse model study to understand diabetes and obesity, she joined Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences (SIBS), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) in 2004 and got her Ph.D. degree in biochemistry and molecular biology in 2010. After Dr. Zhang completed her molecular and nutritional mechanisms of insulin sensitivity fellowship at SIBS, she was promoted to an associated professor at the Institute for Nutritional Sciences, SIBS, CAS. Dr. Zhang specializes in biochemistry and cell metabolism. She emphasizes the effect of nutritional factors on diabetes and obesity at molecular, cellular and animal levels. Her current research focuses on screening new genes and drugs for alleviating insulin resistance, diabetes and obesity through high-throughput sequencing.
- Graduate School
- Chinese Academy of Sciences (2010), Molecular Biology
- Fat Metabolism
- Glucose Metabolism
- Insulin Sensitivity
- Intracellular Protein Trafficking
- Medicine and Translational Sciences
- CLOCK/BMAL1 regulates circadian change of mouse hepatic insulin sensitivity via SIRT1.
- Zhou B, Zhang Y, Zhang F, Xia Y, Liu J, Huang R, Wang Y, Hu Y, Wu J, Dai C, Wang H, Tu Y, Peng X, Wang Y, Zhai Q Hepatology 2014 Jan
- Amyloid-ß Induces Hepatic Insulin Resistance In Vivo via JAK2.
- Zhang Y, Zhou B, Deng B, Zhang F, Wu J, Wang Y, Le Y, Zhai Q Diabetes 2013 Apr 62 4 1159-66
- Gene expression profile analysis of type 2 diabetic mouse liver.
- Zhang F, Xu X, Zhang Y, Zhou B, He Z, Zhai Q PLoS ONE 2013 8 3 e57766
- Downregulation of miR-181a upregulates sirtuin-1 (SIRT1) and improves hepatic insulin sensitivity.
- Zhou B, Li C, Qi W, Zhang Y, Zhang F, Wu JX, Hu YN, Wu DM, Liu Y, Yan TT, Jing Q, Liu MF, Zhai QW Diabetologia 2012 Jul 55 7 2032-43
- Amyloid-ß induces hepatic insulin resistance by activating JAK2/STAT3/SOCS-1 signaling pathway.
- Zhang Y, Zhou B, Zhang F, Wu J, Hu Y, Liu Y, Zhai Q Diabetes 2012 Jun 61 6 1434-43
- Liver Patt1 deficiency protects male mice from age-associated but not high-fat diet-induced hepatic steatosis.
- Liu Y, Zhou D, Zhang F, Tu Y, Xia Y, Wang H, Zhou B, Zhang Y, Wu J, Gao X, He Z, Zhai Q J. Lipid Res. 2012 Mar 53 3 358-67
- Gene expression profile change and associated physiological and pathological effects in mouse liver induced by fasting and refeeding.
- Zhang F, Xu X, Zhou B, He Z, Zhai Q PLoS ONE 2011 6 11 e27553
- C/EBPalpha regulates SIRT1 expression during adipogenesis.
- Jin Q, Zhang F, Yan T, Liu Z, Wang C, Ge X, Zhai Q Cell Res. 2010 Apr 20 4 470-9
- Combretastatin A-4 activates AMP-activated protein kinase and improves glucose metabolism in db/db mice.
- Zhang F, Sun C, Wu J, He C, Ge X, Huang W, Zou Y, Chen X, Qi W, Zhai Q Pharmacol. Res. 2008 Apr 57 4 318-23
- SIRT1 improves insulin sensitivity under insulin-resistant conditions by repressing PTP1B.
- Sun C, Zhang F, Ge X, Yan T, Chen X, Shi X, Zhai Q Cell Metab. 2007 Oct 6 4 307-19
Honors & Awards
- SANOFI-SIBS Scholarship for Excellent Young Talents
Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P.R. China (2013)
- Second Place, Natural Science Award of Shanghai
Govenment of Shanghai, P.R. China (2013)
- SANOFI-SIBS Scholarship for Excellent Postdoctoral Fellows
Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P.R. China (2011)
- Pfizer Scholarship Award
Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P.R. China (2010)