Dr. Sendelbach received her BS in Biomedical Engineering from Rutgers University and her MD from New Jersey Medical School-Rutgers University. She completed a residency in Pediatrics at Children’s Medical Center Dallas, and worked in a community clinic for refugees and the underserved prior to joining the faculty in 1993 as a general pediatrician in the Newborn Nursery. She is currently a Professor in the General Pediatrics Education division and sees patients in ambulatory general pediatrics.
Dr. Sendelbach serves as Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Medical Education at UT Southwestern. She is a member of the UTSouthwestern Academy of Teachers and the SHINE Academy of Health Science Education. She has been a student mentor in the Fashena College since its inception. Her interests include curriculum design, faculty development and student mentorship.
- Medical School
- Univ. of Med. & Dentistry of New Jersey (1982)
- Children's Health Dallas (1985), Pediatrics
- Complete blood counts (CBC) in term infants with exposure to pretreated chorioamnionitis
- Duration of antibiotic treatment of pneumonia in term newborns
- Noninvasive bilirubin measurements
- Varicella, influenza: not necessary to separate mother and infant.
- Sendelbach DM, Sanchez PJ Pediatrics 2012 Aug 130 2 e464; author reply 465-6
- Prevention of Mother-to-Infant Transmission of Influenza during the Postpartum Period.
- Cantey JB, Bascik SL, Heyne NG, Gonzalez JR, Jackson GL, Rogers VL, Sheffield JS, Treviño S, Sendelbach D, Wendel GD, Sánchez PJ Am J Perinatol 2012 Aug
- Circulating blasts and associated hematologic disorders in neonates with Down syndrome.
- Jackson GL, Sendelbach DM, Rambally B, Manning MD, Engle WD Am J Perinatol 2012 Apr 29 4 259-66
- Hospital course and short-term outcomes of term and late preterm neonates following exposure to prolonged rupture of membranes and/or chorioamnionitis.
- Jackson GL, Rawiki P, Sendelbach D, Manning MD, Engle WD Pediatr. Infect. Dis. J. 2012 Jan 31 1 89-90
- Pulse oximetry screening at 4 hours of age to detect critical congenital heart defects.
- Sendelbach DM, Jackson GL, Lai SS, Fixler DE, Stehel EK, Engle WD Pediatrics 2008 Oct 122 4 e815-20
- Newborn hearing screening and detection of congenital cytomegalovirus infection.
- Stehel EK, Shoup AG, Owen KE, Jackson GL, Sendelbach DM, Boney LF, Sánchez PJ Pediatrics 2008 May 121 5 970-5
- Serum calcium values in term and late-preterm neonates receiving gentamicin.
- Chiruvolu A, Engle WD, Sendelbach D, Manning MD, Jackson GL Pediatr. Nephrol. 2008 Apr 23 4 569-74
- Evaluation of a transcutaneous jaundice meter following hospital discharge in term and near-term neonates.
- Engle WD, Jackson GL, Stehel EK, Sendelbach DM, Manning MD J Perinatol 2005 Jul 25 7 486-90
- Are complete blood cell counts useful in the evaluation of asymptomatic neonates exposed to suspected chorioamnionitis?
- Jackson GL, Engle WD, Sendelbach DM, Vedro DA, Josey S, Vinson J, Bryant C, Hahn G, Rosenfeld CR Pediatrics 2004 May 113 5 1173-80
- Pneumonia in term neonates: laboratory studies and duration of antibiotic therapy.
- Engle WD, Jackson GL, Sendelbach DM, Stehel EK, Ford DM, McHugh KM, Norris MR, Vedro DA, Velaphi S, Michelow IC, Olsen KD J Perinatol 2003 Jul-Aug 23 5 372-7
Honors & Awards
- Elected to Membership
UT Southwestern Academy of Teachers (2015)
- Elected to Membership
The University of Texas Kenneth I. Shine MD Academy of Health Science Education (2015)
- Inducted to Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Physician of the Year
Parkland Hospital (2009)
- Child Advocate of the Year
Greater Texas Chapter of the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (2004)
- James J. Slade Scholar
Rutgers College of Engineering (1978)
- Association of Pediatric Program Directors (2007)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (1990)