Susan M Scott, M.D., is board certified in Pediatric Emergency Medicine. She received her medical degree from Louisiana State School of Medicine in Shreveport in 1982, and completed her pediatric residency at UTSouthwestern/Children’s Medical Center of Dallas in 1985 and her pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at UT Southwestern in 1995.
Dr. Scott is currently an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas. Her special interests include education, trauma and injury prevention.
- Medical School
- Tulane - Louisiana State University - New Orleans (1982)
- Children's Health Dallas (1983), Pediatrics
- Children's Health Dallas (1985), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (1995), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Critical Care
- Injury prevention
- Family presence: making room.
- Mangurten JA, Scott SH, Guzzetta CE, Sperry JS, Vinson LA, Hicks BA, Watts DG, Scott SM Am J Nurs 2005 May 105 5 40-8; quiz 49
- Categonzation and regionalization of emergency departments caring for children
- Wiebe RA, Scott SM Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine 1999 Dec 1 1 45-53
- Initial approach to the child who presents with infections of the central nervous system
- Scott SM Seminars in Pediatric Infectious Diseases 1996 Jan 7 1 3-12
- Comparison of pediatric end-tidal CO2 measured with nasal/oral cannula circuit and capillary Pco2
- Abramo T, Scott S, Cowan M, Wiebe RA, Signs M American Journal of Emergency Medicine 1995 Jan 13 1 30-33
- Serious group A ß-hemolytic streptococcal infections complicating varicella
- Cowan M, Primm P, Scott S,. Abramo T, Wiebe RA Annals of Emergency Medicine 1994 23 4 818-822
Introduction to Resuscitation; Shock. In Pediatric Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide, G. Strange, W. Ahrens, S. Lelyveld, R. Schafermeyer, eds.
Scott SM, Wiebe RA (2002). McGraw-Hill
Near-hanging and Choking. In Essentials of Pediatric Intensive Care, D. Levin, F. Morriss, eds.
Scott SM, Wiebe RA (1997). Churchill Livingstone
Anaphylaxis. In Essentials of Pediatric Intensive Care, D. Levin, F. Morriss, eds.
Scott SM (1997). Churchill Livingstone
Approach to the Multiple Trauma Patient. In LANGE Current Diagnosis and Treatment Pediatric Emergency Medicine, C. Stone, R. Humphries, D. Drigalla, M. Stephan, eds.
Kleczewski H, Scott SM (2015). McGraw-Hill
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Medical Society
- Resident Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015)
- Compassion in Caring Award
Violence Intervention Program, Parkland Memorial Hospital (2002)
- Aesculapius Award
St. Paul Family Medicine Program (1999-2002)
- Outstanding Fellow Award
UT Southwestern Medical Center/Children's Medical Center of Dallas (1999-2000)
- Outstanding Fellow Award
UT Southwestern Medical Center/Children's Medical Center of Dallas (1994-1996)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Texas Pediatric Society
- Texas Pediatric Society--Committee on Emergency Medicine