- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (2010)
- Carolinas Medical Center (2013), Emergency Medicine
- Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center (2015), Toxicology
- Laboratory Interference
- Toxic Alcohols
- Characterization of edible marijuana product exposures reported to United States poison centers.
- Cao D, Srisuma S, Bronstein AC, Hoyte CO Clin Toxicol (Phila) 2016 Jul 1-7
- Intravenous lipid emulsion in the emergency department: a systematic review of recent literature.
- Cao D, Heard K, Foran M, Koyfman A J Emerg Med 2015 Mar 48 3 387-97
- Point of care testing provides an accurate measurement of creatinine, anion gap, and osmolal gap in ex-vivo whole blood samples with nitromethane.
- Cao D, Maynard S, Mitchell AM, Kerns WP, Beuhler M Clin Toxicol (Phila) 2014 Jul 52 6 611-7
- Hemolytic crisis following acetaminophen overdose in a patient with G6PD deficiency.
- Rickner SS, Cao D, Simpson SE Clin Toxicol (Phila) 2016 Sep 1-2
- Missed opportunities?: an evaluation of potentially preventable poisoning deaths.
- Srisuma S, Cao D, Kleinschmidt K, Heffner AC, Lavonas EJ Clin Toxicol (Phila) 2016 Mar 1-6
- Cardiac sodium channel blockade after an intentional ingestion of lacosamide, cyclobenzaprine, and levetiracetam: Case report.
- Chua-Tuan JL, Cao D, Iwanicki JL, Hoyte CO Clin Toxicol (Phila) 2015 Jul 53 6 565-8
- Pediatric occult methanol intoxication with hyperammonemia.
- Cao D, Maddux AB, Mashburn D, Vohwinkel C, Wang GS Am J Emerg Med 2015 Jun
- Perceptions of basic, advanced, and pediatric life support training in a United States medical school.
- Pillow MT, Stader D, Nguyen M, Cao D, McArthur R, Hoxhaj S J Emerg Med 2014 May 46 5 695-700
- An outbreak of exposure to a novel synthetic cannabinoid.
- Monte AA, Bronstein AC, Cao DJ, Heard KJ, Hoppe JA, Hoyte CO, Iwanicki JL, Lavonas EJ N. Engl. J. Med. 2014 Jan 370 4 389-90
- Divergent cyclooxygenase responses to fatty acid structure and peroxide level in fish and mammalian prostaglandin H synthases.
- Liu W, Cao D, Oh SF, Serhan CN, Kulmacz RJ FASEB J. 2006 Jun 20 8 1097-108
Toxicology. In First Aid for the Emergency Medicine Boards
Dazhe Cao, MD, Janetta Iwanicki, MD, Howard Kim, MD, and Java Tunson, MD (2016). Columbus, OH, McGraw Hill
Oral Antihyperglycemia Agent Overdose. In PressorDex
Cao D, Stader D (2014). Dallas, Emergency Medicine Residents' Association
Tetanus, Botulism, and Food Poisoning. In Emergency Medicine Secrets
Dazhe James Cao, MD (2015). Amsterdam, Netherlands, Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- Resident Research Award
Best senior resident research project (2013-2013)
- American Academy of Clinical Toxicology (AACT) (2013)
- American College of Medical Toxicology (ACMT) (2012)
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) (2008)
- Emergency Medicine Resident's Association (EMRA) (2008)