- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (2010)
- Carolinas Medical Center (2013), Emergency Medicine
- Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center (2015), Toxicology
- Laboratory Interference
- Toxic Alcohols
- Cardiac sodium channel blockade after an intentional ingestion of lacosamide, cyclobenzaprine, and levetiracetam: Case report.
- Chua-Tuan JL, Cao D, Iwanicki JL, Hoyte CO Clin Toxicol (Phila) 2015 Jul 53 6 565-8
- Pediatric occult methanol intoxication with hyperammonemia.
- Cao D, Maddux AB, Mashburn D, Vohwinkel C, Wang GS Am J Emerg Med 2015 Jun
- Intravenous lipid emulsion in the emergency department: a systematic review of recent literature.
- Cao D, Heard K, Foran M, Koyfman A J Emerg Med 2015 Mar 48 3 387-97
- Point of care testing provides an accurate measurement of creatinine, anion gap, and osmolal gap in ex-vivo whole blood samples with nitromethane.
- Cao D, Maynard S, Mitchell AM, Kerns WP, Beuhler M Clin Toxicol (Phila) 2014 Jul 52 6 611-7
- Perceptions of basic, advanced, and pediatric life support training in a United States medical school.
- Pillow MT, Stader D, Nguyen M, Cao D, McArthur R, Hoxhaj S J Emerg Med 2014 May 46 5 695-700
- An outbreak of exposure to a novel synthetic cannabinoid.
- Monte AA, Bronstein AC, Cao DJ, Heard KJ, Hoppe JA, Hoyte CO, Iwanicki JL, Lavonas EJ N. Engl. J. Med. 2014 Jan 370 4 389-90
- Divergent cyclooxygenase responses to fatty acid structure and peroxide level in fish and mammalian prostaglandin H synthases.
- Liu W, Cao D, Oh SF, Serhan CN, Kulmacz RJ FASEB J. 2006 Jun 20 8 1097-108
Oral Antihyperglycemia Agent Overdose. In PressorDex
Cao D, Stader D (2014). Dallas, Emergency Medicine Residents' Association
Honors & Awards
- Resident Research Award
Best senior resident research project (2013-2013)
- American Academy of Clinical Toxicology (AACT) (2013)
- American College of Medical Toxicology (ACMT) (2012)
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) (2008)
- Emergency Medicine Resident's Association (EMRA) (2008)