Dr. Fomunung was born in Cameroon and completed his medical education at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland. His interest in Internal Medicine led him to Tulane University, where his passion for global health led him to a Johnson and Johnson Global Health Scholarship.
Dr. Fomunung brings to UTSW a strong foundation in clinical medicine, a record of leadership and a passion for educating both patients and the next generation of clinicians. His current interests include optimizing patient-centered care, health finance and economics, and global health.
His interests outside of medicine include music, movies, reading, writing and travel.
- Medical School
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2012)
- Tulane Medical Center (2015), Internal Medicine
- Hospitalist (In-Patient Care)
- Global Health
- Patient-centered Care
- Transitions of Care
- Natural disasters and myocardial infarction: the six years after Hurricane Katrina.
- Peters MN, Moscona JC, Katz MJ, Deandrade KB, Quevedo HC, Tiwari S, Burchett AR, Turnage TA, Singh KY, Fomunung EN, Srivastav S, Delafontaine P, Irimpen AM Mayo Clin. Proc. 2014 Apr 89 4 472-7
Honors & Awards
- Yale/Stanford Johnson and Johnson Global Health Scholarship
Yale/Stanford Universities, Johnson and Johnson (2014)
- The Merage Foundation Fellowship
Merage Foundation for the American Dream (2008)
- Society of General Internal Medicine (2014)
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2014)