Dr. Sravanya Gavini received her initial medical training from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and trained in Internal Medicine at Johns Hopkins Hospital. She completed her Gastroenterology fellowship at Brigham and Women’s Hospital affiliated with Harvard Medical School. During this time, she performed clinical research in esophageal disorders in lung transplant populations and also obtained her MPH at Harvard School of Public Health.
Dr. Gavini brings to UTSW a strong background in general gastroenterology with special clinical interests in gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), primary esophageal motility disorders, eosinophilic esophagitis
and interpretation of diagnostic techniques such as 24 hour pH/impedance testing and high resolution esophageal manometry.
Dr. Gavini was born in India, but grew up in both India and the United States. Her outside interests
include traveling, cooking, reading, and photography.
- Medical School
- Johns Hopkins University (2009)
- Johns Hopkins Hospital (2012), Internal Medicine
- Medical School
- Harvard School of Public Health (2015)
- Brigham and Women's Hospital (2015), Gastroenterology
- Eosinophilic esophagitis management
- Extraintestinal manifestations of GERD and effect on lung transplant outcomes
- Natural history of lymphocytic esophagitis
- Primary esophageal motility disorders
- Lung disease severity in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is more strongly associated with impedance measures of bolus reflux than pH parameters of acid reflux alone.
- Gavini S, Borges LF, Finn RT, Lo WK, Goldberg HJ, Burakoff R, Feldman N, Chan WW Neurogastroenterol. Motil. 2016 Dec
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is associated with increased impedance measures of reflux compared to non-fibrotic disease among prelung transplant patients.
- Gavini S, Finn RT, Lo WK, Goldberg HJ, Burakoff R, Feldman N, Chan WW Neurogastroenterol. Motil. 2015 Jul
- Caesarean section to prevent transmission of hepatitis B: a meta-analysis.
- Chang MS, Gavini S, Andrade PC, McNabb-Baltar J Can J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2014 Sep 28 8 439-44
Barrett Esophagus. In Scientific American Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Endoscopy
Gavini S, Jajoo, K (In Press). Hamilton, Ontario, Decker Intellectual Properties
Honors & Awards
- Young Investigator Forum Award
American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society (2014)
- M.A. Cartland Shackford Medical Fellowship
Wellesley College (2007)
- Preclinical Research Training Program Fellowship
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (2006)
- American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society (2015)
- American Gastroenterological Association (2014)