Dr. Julia Cartaya did her undergraduate training at Case Western Reserve University and stayed on for medical school at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. She did her internship and residency at St. Louis Children’s Hospital, her fellowship training in pediatric endocrinology at Massachusetts General Hospital and research at Joslin Diabetes Center. She came to Dallas to expand her clinical experience.
- Medical School
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine (2008)
- Washington University/B-JH/SLCH Consortium Program St. Louis Children's Hospital (2011), Pediatrics
- Massachusetts General Hospital Program (2015), Pediatric Endocrinology
- Uric Acid, Parathyroid Hormone, and Vitamin D: New Players in an Old Game.
- Cartaya J, Gupta OT Metab Syndr Relat Disord 2016 Apr 14 3 135-6
- The low-dose acth stimulation test: is 30 minutes long enough?
- Cartaya J, Misra M Endocr Pract 2015 May 21 5 508-13
Honors & Awards
- Helmsley Charitable Trust Abstract Award in Type 1 Diabetes
Endocrine Society (2015)
- Travel Grant
Pediatric Endocrine Society (2014)
- American Diabetes Association (2013)
- Endocrine Society (2012)
- Pediatric Endocrine Society (2012)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2008-2012)