- Medical School
- University of California, San Diego (1983)
- University of Southern California Med. Center-LAC (1984), Pediatrics
- University of Southern California Med. Center-LAC (1986), Pediatrics
- University of Southern California Med. Center-LAC (1987), Pediatric Hematology
- UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (1990), Pediatric Hematology/oncology
- Characterization of the natural history and improvement of the treatment of children and adolescents with non-malignant hematologic diseases such as congenital bone marrow failure syndromes, aplastic anemia thalassemia, sickle cell disease, and immune cytopenias
- Development of optimum management approaches to major clinical events in children with sickle cell disease (febrile illness, chest syndrome, painful crisis, avascular necrosis, stroke)
- Use of hydroxyurea, transfusion, stem cell transplantation and other therapies, particularly in young children, to prevent the morbidity of sickle cell anemia
- Pharmacokinetics and bioequivalence of a liquid formulation of hydroxyurea in children with sickle cell anemia.
- Estepp JH, Melloni C, Thornburg CD, Wiczling P, Rogers Z, Rothman JA, Green NS, Liem R, Brandow AM, Crary SE, Howard TH, Morris MH, Lewandowski A, Garg U, Jusko WJ, Neville KA J Clin Pharmacol 2016 Mar 56 3 298-306
- Hydroxycarbamide versus chronic transfusion for maintenance of transcranial doppler flow velocities in children with sickle cell anaemia-TCD With Transfusions Changing to Hydroxyurea (TWiTCH): a multicentre, open-label, phase 3, non-inferiority trial.
- Ware RE, Davis BR, Schultz WH, Brown RC, Aygun B, Sarnaik S, Odame I, Fuh B, George A, Owen W, Luchtman-Jones L, Rogers ZR, Hilliard L, Gauger C, Piccone C, Lee MT, Kwiatkowski JL, Jackson S, Miller ST, Roberts C, Heeney MM, Kalfa TA, Nelson S, Imran H, Nottage K, Alvarez O, Rhodes M, Thompson AA, Rothman JA, Helton KJ, Roberts D, Coleman J, Bonner MJ, Kutlar A, Patel N, Wood J, Piller L, Wei P, Luden J, Mortier NA, Stuber SE, Luban NL, Cohen AR, Pressel S, Adams RJ Lancet 2015 Dec
- Guidelines for the Standard Monitoring of Patients With Thalassemia: Report of the Thalassemia Longitudinal Cohort.
- Tubman VN, Fung EB, Vogiatzi M, Thompson AA, Rogers ZR, Neufeld EJ, Kwiatkowski JL J. Pediatr. Hematol. Oncol. 2015 Apr 37 3 e162-9
- Diagnosis and treatment of pediatric acquired aplastic anemia (AAA): An initial survey of the North American Pediatric Aplastic Anemia Consortium (NAPAAC).
- Williams DA, Bennett C, Bertuch A, Bessler M, Coates T, Corey S, Dror Y, Huang J, Lipton J, Olson TS, Reiss UM, Rogers ZR, Sieff C, Vlachos A, Walkovich K, Wang W, Shimamura A Pediatr Blood Cancer 2013 Nov
- Stroke With Transfusions Changing to Hydroxyurea (SWiTCH): a phase III randomized clinical trial for treatment of children with sickle cell anemia, stroke, and iron overload.
- Ware RE, Schultz WH, Yovetich N, Mortier NA, Alvarez O, Hilliard L, Iyer RV, Miller ST, Rogers ZR, Scott JP, Waclawiw M, Helms RW Pediatr Blood Cancer 2011 Dec 57 6 1011-7
- Hydroxycarbamide in very young children with sickle-cell anaemia: a multicentre, randomised, controlled trial (BABY HUG).
- Wang WC, Ware RE, Miller ST, Iyer RV, Casella JF, Minniti CP, Rana S, Thornburg CD, Rogers ZR, Kalpatthi RV, Barredo JC, Brown RC, Sarnaik SA, Howard TH, Wynn LW, Kutlar A, Armstrong FD, Files BA, Goldsmith JC, Waclawiw MA, Huang X, Thompson BW Lancet 2011 May 377 9778 1663-72
- Biomarkers of splenic function in infants with sickle cell anemia: baseline data from the BABY HUG Trial.
- Rogers ZR, Wang WC, Luo Z, Iyer RV, Shalaby-Rana E, Dertinger SD, Shulkin BL, Miller JH, Files B, Lane PA, Thompson BW, Miller ST, Ware RE Blood 2011 Mar 117 9 2614-7
- Improved survival of children and adolescents with sickle cell disease.
- Quinn CT, Rogers ZR, McCavit TL, Buchanan GR Blood 2010 Apr 115 17 3447-52
- A two-year pilot trial of hydroxyurea in very young children with sickle-cell anemia.
- Wang WC, Wynn LW, Rogers ZR, Scott JP, Lane PA, Ware RE J. Pediatr. 2001 Dec 139 6 790-6
- Outpatient management of febrile illness in infants and young children with sickle cell anemia.
- Rogers ZR, Morrison RA, Vedro DA, Buchanan GR J. Pediatr. 1990 Nov 117 5 736-9
Bone marrow failure syndromes. In Werner E, de Alarcon P, Christensen RD, eds. Neonatal Hematology: Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Management of Hematologic Problems. 2nd ed.
Rogers ZR, Alter BP. (2013). Cambridge University Press; 47-64.
Anemia Due to Diminished Red Blood Cell Production. In Rudolph CD, Rudolph AM, Lister G, First LR, Gershon AA, eds. Rudolph's Pediatrics. 22nd ed.
Rogers ZR. (2011). McGraw-Hill; 1549-1551.
Chediak-Higashi syndrome. In Roach ES, Miller VS, eds. Neurocutaneous Disorders.
Farah RA, Rogers ZR. (2004). Cambridge University Press; 296-300.
Honors & Awards
- Best Pediatric Specialists in Dallas
D Magazine (2015-2016)
- Mom-Approved Doctor
Child Magazine (2015)
- Physician Scientist Award, Fellow
Damon Runyon-Walter Winchell Cancer Research Fund (1990-1993)
- American Cancer Society
Texas Division Oncology, Research Fellowship (1989)
- Phi Beta Kappa
Alpha of California (1978)
- American Society of Hematology (1990)
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (1989)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (1987)
- American Pediatric Society
- Society for Pediatric Research