Dr Zwick is certified by the American Board of Pathology in Anatomical / Clinical Pathology with subspecialty certification in Pediatric Pathology. He has broad interests and many years of experience in the diagnosis of Pediatric diseases utilizing anatomical and laboratory diagnostics. Special interests include pediatric GI and Liver inflammatory and metabolic disorders, congenital immunodeficiency, benign and malignant hematologic diseases in children. Research interest is currently focused on identifying important histopathologic prognostic markers of fatty liver disease in children.
- Medical School
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (1978)
- Washington University/St. Louis Childrens Hospital (1979), Pediatrics
- Washington University/Barnes Hospital (1980), Pathology
- Washington University/St. Louis Childrens Hospital (1981), Pediatrics
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine (1984), Pathology
- A patient with polymerase E1 deficiency (POLE1): clinical features and overlap with DNA breakage/instability syndromes.
- Thiffault I, Saunders C, Jenkins J, Raje N, Canty K, Sharma M, Grote L, Welsh HI, Farrow E, Twist G, Miller N, Zwick D, Zellmer L, Kingsmore SF, Safina NP BMC Med. Genet. 2015 16 31
- Spitzoid melanoma in a child with Li-Fraumeni syndrome.
- Kollipara R, Cooley LD, Horii KA, Hetherington ML, Leboit PE, Singh V, Zwick DL Pediatr. Dev. Pathol. 2014 Jan-Feb 17 1 64-9
- Molecular diagnosis of infantile onset inflammatory bowel disease by exome sequencing.
- Dinwiddie DL, Bracken JM, Bass JA, Christenson K, Soden SE, Saunders CJ, Miller NA, Singh V, Zwick DL, Roberts CC, Dalal J, Kingsmore SF Genomics 2013 Nov-Dec 102 5-6 442-7
- Cytology testing and proficiency: survey findings of the Practice Committee of Society for Pediatric Pathology.
- Singh V, Zwick DL, Parham DM, Heller DS Pediatr. Dev. Pathol. 2011 Mar-Apr 14 2 153-4
- Hb Lake Tapawingo [a46(CE4)Phe?Ser; HBA2:c.140T>C]: a new unstable a chain hemoglobin variant associated with low systemic arterial saturation.
- Guest EM, Neville KA, Hoyer JD, Safo MK, Garg U, Saunders CJ, Abdulmalik O, Zwick DL Hemoglobin 2011 35 4 411-6
- Haploinsufficiencies of FOXF1 and FOXC2 genes associated with lethal alveolar capillary dysplasia and congenital heart disease.
- Yu S, Shao L, Kilbride H, Zwick DL Am. J. Med. Genet. A 2010 May 152A 5 1257-62
- Time to drop routine reporting of differential percentage values from CBC reports.
- Zwick DL Lab Hematol 2010 Mar 16 1 1-2
- Validation of the Agilent 244K oligonucleotide array-based comparative genomic hybridization platform for clinical cytogenetic diagnosis.
- Yu S, Bittel DC, Kibiryeva N, Zwick DL, Cooley LD Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 2009 Sep 132 3 349-60
- Immunophenotypic identification of possible therapeutic targets in paediatric non-Hodgkin lymphomas: a children's oncology group report.
- Miles RR, Cairo MS, Satwani P, Zwick DL, Lones MA, Sposto R, Abromovitch M, Tripp S, Angiolillo AL, Roman E, Davenport V, Perkins SL Br. J. Haematol. 2007 Aug 138 4 506-12
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma arising in bone in children and adolescents is associated with an excellent outcome: a Children's Cancer Group report.
- Lones MA, Perkins SL, Sposto R, Tedeschi N, Kadin ME, Kjeldsberg CR, Wilson JF, Zwick DL, Cairo MS J. Clin. Oncol. 2002 May 20 9 2293-301
- Society for Pediatric Pathology (1990-2016)
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (1990-2015)
- College of American Pathologists (1984-2016)