- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1977)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1978), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1980), Internal Medicine
- Hospitalist (In-Patient Care)
- Medical education
- Patient safety
- Quality improvement methodology
- Viewing Prevention of Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection as a System: Using Systems Engineering and Human Factors Engineering in a Quality Improvement Project in an Academic Medical Center.
- Rhee C, Phelps ME, Meyer B, Reed WG Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 2016 42 10 447-471
- Improving Hand Hygiene Compliance by Changing the Safety Culture in an Academic Medical Center
- Phelps, ME and Reed WG Canadian Journal of Infection Control 2016 31 4 241-248
- Public reporting of patient safety metrics: ready or not?
- Podolsky DK, Nagarkar PA, Reed WG, Rohrich RJ Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2014 Dec 134 6 981e-5e
- Evaluation of the American Society of Anesthesiologists Physical Status Classification System in Risk Assessment for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Patients
- Miller TJ, Jeong HS, Davis K, Matthew A, Lysikowski J, Cho MJ, Reed G, Kenkel JM Aesthetic Surg J 2014 34 3 448-56
- An automated model to identify heart failure patients at risk for 30-day readmission or death using electronic medical record data.
- Amarasingham R, Moore BJ, Tabak YP, Drazner MH, Clark CA, Zhang S, Reed WG, Swanson TS, Ma Y, Halm EA Med Care 2010 Nov 48 11 981-8
- A rapid admission protocol to reduce emergency department boarding times.
- Amarasingham R, Swanson TS, Treichler DB, Amarasingham SN, Reed WG Qual Saf Health Care 2010 Jun 19 3 200-4
- The effect of a public hospital's transfer policy on patient care.
- Reed WG, Cawley KA, Anderson RJ N. Engl. J. Med. 1986 Nov 315 22 1428-32
- Effects of rapid blood pressure reduction on cerebral blood flow.
- Reed WG, Anderson RJ Am. Heart J. 1986 Jan 111 1 226-8
Honors & Awards
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Kenneth I. Shine, M.D., Academy of Health Science Education
- Headmaster of Academic Colleges at UT Southwestern
- Patricia and William L. Watson, Jr., M.D. Award for Excellence in Clinical Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- American College of Physicians (1980)
- Dallas County Medical Society (1980)
- Texas Medical Association (1980)