Dr. Gupta grew up in New Delhi, India and attended medical school at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). After a brief stint doing clinical research at the Mayo Clinic, Minnesota, he moved to Texas where he completed a residency in Internal Medicine. He is currently the Chief Resident for Quality Improvement, Patient Safety and Research. He is interested in a career in academic oncology. Outside of medicine, he enjoys playing cricket, cooking and spending time (FaceTiming) with family back home in Delhi.
- Clostridium Difficile Infections
- Early Phase Oncology Clinical Trials
- Early Utilization of Palliative Care Services
- High Value Care/Reducing Inappropriate Medical Care
- Therapeutic Targeting of Nuclear Export Inhibition in Lung Cancer.
- Gupta A, Saltarski JM, White MA, Scaglioni PP, Gerber DE J Thorac Oncol 2017 Jun
- Phenytoin Toxicity.
- Gupta A, Yek C, Hendler RS JAMA 2017 Jun 317 23 2445-2446
- Trends in the Incidence and Outcomes of Hospitalized Cancer Patients With Clostridium difficile Infection: A Nationwide Analysis.
- Gupta A, Tariq R, Frank RD, Jean GW, Beg MS, Pardi DS, Johnson DH, Khanna S J Natl Compr Canc Netw 2017 Apr 15 4 466-472
- An Analysis of Individual Body Fat Depots and Risk of Developing Cancer: Insights From the Dallas Heart Study.
- Gupta A, Pandey A, Ayers C, Beg MS, Lakoski SG, Vega GL, Grundy SM, Johnson DH, Neeland IJ Mayo Clin. Proc. 2017 Apr 92 4 536-543
- Antiphospholipid syndrome associated with combined immune checkpoint inhibitor therapy.
- Gupta A, Shah U, Khine H, Vandergriff T, Froehlich T Melanoma Res. 2017 Apr 27 2 171-173
- Premorbid body mass index and mortality in patients with lung cancer: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Gupta A, Majumder K, Arora N, Mayo HG, Singh PP, Beg MS, Hughes R, Singh S, Johnson DH Lung Cancer 2016 Dec 102 49-59
- Repeat Clostridium difficile Testing.
- Gupta A, Khanna S JAMA 2016 12 316 22 2422-2423
- Management and Outcomes of HIV-Associated Primary Effusion Lymphoma: A Single Center Experience.
- Gupta A, Sen S, Marley E, Chen W, Naina HV Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 2016 Aug 16 Suppl S175-80
- Plasma Leptin Levels and Risk of Incident Cancer: Results from the Dallas Heart Study.
- Gupta A, Herman Y, Ayers C, Beg MS, Lakoski SG, Abdullah SM, Johnson DH, Neeland IJ PLoS ONE 2016 11 9 e0162845
- Gene-Expression-Based Predictors for Breast Cancer.
- Gupta A, Mutebi M, Bardia A Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2015 Oct 22 11 3418-32
Infectious Arthritis. In Infectious Diseases, 4th Ed.
Gupta A, Berbari EF, Steckelberg JM, et. al. (2016). Phladelphia, PA, Elsevier
Overdose. In May Clinic Critical Care Case Review
Gupta A, Khanna S (2016). Oxford University Press
Complicated Diarrheal Illness. In Mayo Clinic Critical Care Case Review
Gupta A, Khanna S (2016). Oxford Universitiy Press
Honors & Awards
- Future Leader Program
High Value Practice Academic Alliance (2017-2018)
- Merit Award
Lown Institute (2017)
- Quality Training Program
- Merit Award
Conquer Cancer Foundation (2016-2017)
- Merit Award
Texas Society of Clinical Oncology (2015-2016)
- American College of Physicians (2014)
- American Society of Clinic Oncology (2014)
- Society of General Internal Medicine (2014)
- Texas Society of Clinical Oncology (2014)