Dr. Suja Nair received her B.S. degree from the University of Florida and M.D. from St. George’s University School of Medicine. She completed residency training in Pediatrics at Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Women in Orlando, Florida. She worked as a general pediatrician for one year, before completing fellowship training in pulmonary pediatrics at the University of Connecticut. She joined the Faculty at Children’s National Medical Center in Washington D.C. in 2005.
Dr. Nair is an Associate Professor of Pediatrics UT Southwestern Medical Center. Her primary interests include management of severe asthma and its co-morbid conditions.
- Medical School
- St. George's University School of Medicine (1997)
- Orlando Health (2000), Pediatrics
- University of Connecticut Program (2004), Pediatric Pulmonology
- Pediatric Lung (Pulmonology)
- Asthma comorbidities
- Impact of Obesity on Clinical Outcomes in Urban Children Hospitalized for Status Asthmaticus.
- Aragona E, El-Magbri E, Wang J, Scheckelhoff T, Scheckelhoff T, Hyacinthe A, Nair S, Khan A, Nino G, Pillai DK Hosp Pediatr 2016 Jan
- The influence of pulmonary function testing on the management of asthma in children.
- Nair SJ, Daigle KL, DeCuir P, Lapin CD, Schramm CM J. Pediatr. 2005 Dec 147 6 797-801
- Managing severe asthma exacerbations in children
- Nair SJ, Cloutier MM J Respir Dis Pediatrician 2003 1 5 12-21
Cough. In Rakel RE, Bope ET, eds. Conn's Current Therapy.
Nair SJ, Cloutier MM (2003). Philadelphia, PA: W.B. Saunders.
Honors & Awards
- PAS Travel Grant
Pediatric Academic Societies-Society for Pediatric Research (2004)
- Dallas County Medical Association (2015)
- Texas Medical Association (2015)
- American College of Chest Physicians (2003)
- American Thoracic Society (2003)