Dr. Pawlowski obtained her Bachelor of Science degree in 1981 from the University of Minnesota, College of Biological Sciences. Her undergraduate work in the Department of Plant Pathology Electron Microscopy Core facility lead to her position in 1982 at the University of Minnesota Department Of Otolaryngology Electron Microscopy Laboratory; run by Ardnt J. Duvall M.D. While there, she collaborated with Dr. Duvall publishing manuscripts on the study of normal and pathological ultrastructure of the inner ear under her maiden name (Robinson).
Dr. Pawlowski left the University of Minnesota in 1991 to join UT Southwestern as Senior Research Associate in the Department of Otolaryngology’s Otologic Research Laboratory headed by Charles G. Wright, PhD. Dr. Pawlowski co-authored publications on ototoxicity and hearing disorders in humans and animal models with Dr. Wright while completing her MS in Applied Cognition and Science (1997) and her PhD in Auditory Neuroscience (2000) from UT Dallas.
After obtaining her Ph.D., Dr. Pawlowski worked as a Research Scientist in the UT Dallas Department of Behavioral and Brian Sciences before rejoining the UT Southwestern Department of Otolaryngology as Assistant Professor in 2003. She continues her relationship with UT Dallas as an adjunct professor for Communication Sciences and has a secondary appointment with the Department of Biomedical Engineering, a joint program involving UT Southwestern, UT Dallas, and UT Arlington. Her primary areas of interest are the anatomy and physiology of the inner ear in health and disease and issues concerned with recurrent infections in the middle ear. Her investigations include hearing loss due to ototoxic drugs, cellular mechanisms involved in hearing loss and genetic mutations underlying conditions such as Usher’s syndrome types 1 and III and Niemann Pick Disease type I.
|Undergraduate||University of Minnesota Central Office (1981)|
|Graduate School||University of Texas at Dallas (1997)|
|Graduate School||University of Texas at Dallas (2000)|
- Cellular mechanisms involved in sensory neural hearing loss
- Genetic Hearing Loss
- Investigations of biomedical engineering technologies applied to the temporal bone and auditory system
- Hearing Loss is an Early Consequence of Npc1 Gene Deletion in the Mouse Model of Niemann-Pick Disease, Type C.
- King KA, Gordon-Salant S, Pawlowski KS, Taylor AM, Griffith AJ, Houser A, Kurima K, Wassif CA, Wright CG, Porter FD, Repa JJ, Brewer CC J. Assoc. Res. Otolaryngol. 2014 May
- Ototopic Applications of Povidone Iodine/Dexamethasone in the Rat.
- Pawlowski K, Koulich E, Wright CG, Roland P Otol. Neurotol. 2012 Nov
- Effects of cochlear drilling with Piezosurgery Medical device in rats.
- Pawlowski KS, Koulich E, Cuda D, Wright CG, Stabilini E, Roland PS Laryngoscope 2011 Jan 121 1 182-6
- Comparison of systemic and otic administration of ofloxacin.
- Koulich E, Roland PS, Pawlowski KS Laryngoscope 2010 Oct 120 10 2083-8
- Ototoxicity of topical azithromycin solutions in the guinea pig.
- Pawlowski KS, Si E, Wright CG, Koulich E, Hosseini K, Roland PS Arch. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg. 2010 May 136 5 481-7
- Progression of inner ear pathology in Ames waltzer mice and the role of protocadherin 15 in hair cell development
- Pawlowski KS, Kikkawa YS, Wright CG, Alagramam KN Journal of the Association for Research in Otolaryngology 2006 7(1) in press
- Cochlear implant device failure secondary to cholesterol granuloma-mediated cochlear erosion.
- Neilan RE, Pawlowski K, Isaacson B, Roland PS Otol. Neurotol. 2012 Jul 33 5 733-5
- Comparison of calcium phosphate preparations for onlay cranial augmentation in a murine model.
- Furze AD, Lee MR, Pawlowski K, Lakhiani C, Leach JL Eur J Plast Surg 2012 Published online 21 February 2012
- Controlled release of hepatocyte growth factor from a bovine acellular scaffold for vocal fold reconstruction.
- Xu CC, Chan RW, Weinberger DG, Efune G, Pawlowski KS J Biomed Mater Res A 2010 Jun 93 4 1335-47
- A bovine acellular scaffold for vocal fold reconstruction in a rat model.
- Xu CC, Chan RW, Weinberger DG, Efune G, Pawlowski KS J Biomed Mater Res A 2010 Jan 92 1 18-32
- Sigma X, UTSW Chapter (2010)
- UTSW Imaging Society (2005)
- Society for Neuroscience (2000)
- Association for Research in Otolaryngology (1993)