Education: M.D., UT Southwestern Medical School; Residency in Internal Medicine, Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas; Residency in Dermatology, UT Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Pandya has a special interest in the management and research of pigmentary disorders, autoimmune blistering diseases and cutaneous lymphomas.
|Medical School||UT Southwestern Medical Center (1985)|
|Residency||Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas (1988), Internal Medicine|
|Residency||Parkland Memorial Hospital (1991), Dermatology|
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Dermatologic workforce on the Texas border: using burden on primary care as an outcome measure.
- McDonald HC, Pandya AG, Kimball AB Int. J. Dermatol. 2013 Apr 52 4 506-7
- Topical chemotherapy in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: positive results of a randomized, controlled, multicenter trial testing the efficacy and safety of a novel mechlorethamine, 0.02%, gel in mycosis fungoides.
- Lessin SR, Duvic M, Guitart J, Pandya AG, Strober BE, Olsen EA, Hull CM, Knobler EH, Rook AH, Kim EJ, Naylor MF, Adelson DM, Kimball AB, Wood GS, Sundram U, Wu H, Kim YH JAMA Dermatol 2013 Jan 149 1 25-32
- Deferasirox for porphyria cutanea tarda: a pilot study.
- Pandya AG, Nezafati KA, Ashe-Randolph M, Yalamanchili R Arch Dermatol 2012 Aug 148 8 898-901
- Efficacy of narrowband ultraviolet B versus excimer radiation in repigmenting vitiligo after minigrafting on the distal arms.
- Sheth VM, Currimbhoy SD, Feetham HJ, Graves MS, Chan J, Hynan LS, Pandya AG J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2012 Aug 67 2 318-20
- Melasma quality of life measures.
- Lieu TJ, Pandya AG Dermatol Clin 2012 Apr 30 2 269-80, viii
- Melasma: a comprehensive update: part II.
- Sheth VM, Pandya AG J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2011 Oct 65 4 699-714; quiz 715
- Melasma: a comprehensive update: part I.
- Sheth VM, Pandya AG J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2011 Oct 65 4 689-97; quiz 698
- Reliability assessment and validation of the Melasma Area and Severity Index (MASI) and a new modified MASI scoring method.
- Pandya AG, Hynan LS, Bhore R, Riley FC, Guevara IL, Grimes P, Nordlund JJ, Rendon M, Taylor S, Gottschalk RW, Agim NG, Ortonne JP J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2011 Jan 64 1 78-83, 83.e1-2
- A prospective, randomized, split-face, controlled trial of salicylic acid peels in the treatment of melasma in Latin American women.
- Kodali S, Guevara IL, Carrigan CR, Daulat S, Blanco G, Boker A, Hynan LS, Pandya AG J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2010 Dec 63 6 1030-5
- Continuous therapy followed by a maintenance therapy regimen with a triple combination cream for melasma.
- Grimes PE, Bhawan J, Guevara IL, Colón LE, Johnson LA, Gottschalk RW, Pandya AG J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2010 Jun 62 6 962-7
Honors & Awards
- D Magazine "Best Doctors in Dallas"
- Texas Monthly Magazine "Texas Super Doctor"
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (2012)
- Southwestern Academy of Teachers
Honorary Academy for Best Teachers at UT Southwestern (2010)
- Outstanding Teacher Awards
UT Southwestern Medical School Class of 1998, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014 (0)
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Dallas Dermatological Society
- Texas Dermatological Society
- Texas Medical Association