Board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation as well as electrodiagnostic medicine. Interests include pediatric rehabilitation, amputee rehabilitation, diabetic foot ulcerations,Spasticity Management with Botox Injections, electromyography and nerve conduction studies.
- Medical School
- Tirunelveli Medical College (1971)
- Tirunelveli Medical School, India (1972), Rotating
- Parkland Memorial Hospital (1978), Rotating
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1980), Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Acute Musculoskeletal Pain
- Diabetic foot problems
- Electrodiagnostic testing
- Pediatric rehabilitation
- Spasticity management
- Physiatric management of the diabetic foot and foot ulcers
- Helm P, Pandian G PM&R: State of Art Reviews 2002 Chapter 9
- Acquired limb deficiencies. 2. Perioperative management.
- Pandian G, Huang ME, Duffy DA Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2001 Mar 82 3 Suppl 1 S9-S16
- Acquired limb deficiencies. 1. Acquired limb deficiencies in children and young adults.
- Bryant PR, Pandian G Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2001 Mar 82 3 Suppl 1 S3-8
- Daily functioning of patients with an amputated lower extremity.
- Pandian G, Kowalske K Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 1999 Apr 361 91-7
- Rehabilitation of the patient with peripheral vascular disease and diabetic foot disorders
- Pandian G, Hamid F, Hammond M Rehabilitation Medicine: Principles and Practice 1998 Philadelphia: Lippincott 1517-44
- Neuromuscular problems in the burn patient: cause and prevention.
- Helm PA, Pandian G, Heck E Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1985 Jul 66 7 451-3
Lower Limb Peripheral Vascular Disease. In Randall L. Braddom (ed.) Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 4th ed.
Knapton S, PandianG (2011). Elsevier Inc
Rehabilitation of the Patient with Peripheral Vascular Disease and Diabetic Foot Problems. In DeLisa et al (eds) Principles and Practice of Rehabilitation Medicine 3rd ed
Pandian G, Hamid F, Hammond M (1998). Philadelphia, Lippincott-Raven
Honors & Awards
- Gold Medal Winner
Madurai University, India (1971)
- Academic Honors Class I
Madras University, India (1966)
- American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Dallas-Fort Worth PM&R Metroplex Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation