- Age-related macular degeneration; inherited retinal dystrophies and degeneration; ocular protein misfolding diseases; stress-responsive signaling; chemical biology; drug discovery
- ATF6 activation reduces the secretion and extracellular aggregation of destabilized variants of an amyloidogenic protein.
- Chen JJ, Genereux JC, Qu S, Hulleman JD, Shoulders MD, Wiseman RL Chem. Biol. 2014 Nov 21 11 1564-74
- Genetic ablation of N-linked glycosylation reveals two key folding pathways for R345W fibulin-3, a secreted protein associated with retinal degeneration.
- Hulleman JD, Kelly JW FASEB J. 2014 Nov
- Unfolded protein response activation reduces secretion and extracellular aggregation of amyloidogenic immunoglobulin light chain.
- Cooley CB, Ryno LM, Plate L, Morgan GJ, Hulleman JD, Kelly JW, Wiseman RL Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2014 Aug
- Differential tolerance of 'pseudo-pathogenic' tryptophan residues in calcium-binding EGF domains of short fibulin proteins.
- Nguyen A, Hulleman JD Exp. Eye Res. 2015 Jan 130 66-72
- The systemic amyloid precursor transthyretin (TTR) behaves as a neuronal stress protein regulated by HSF1 in SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cells and APP23 Alzheimer's disease model mice.
- Wang X, Cattaneo F, Ryno L, Hulleman J, Reixach N, Buxbaum JN J. Neurosci. 2014 May 34 21 7253-65
- A high-throughput cell-based Gaussia luciferase reporter assay for identifying modulators of fibulin-3 secretion.
- Hulleman JD, Brown SJ, Rosen H, Kelly JW J Biomol Screen 2013 Jul 18 6 647-58
- Translational attenuation differentially alters the fate of disease-associated fibulin proteins.
- Hulleman JD, Balch WE, Kelly JW FASEB J. 2012 Nov 26 11 4548-60
- Effect of single amino acid substitution on oxidative modifications of the Parkinson's disease-related protein, DJ-1.
- Madian AG, Hindupur J, Hulleman JD, Diaz-Maldonado N, Mishra VR, Guigard E, Kay CM, Rochet JC, Regnier FE Mol. Cell Proteomics 2012 Feb 11 2 M111.010892
- Compromised mutant EFEMP1 secretion associated with macular dystrophy remedied by proteostasis network alteration.
- Hulleman JD, Kaushal S, Balch WE, Kelly JW Mol. Biol. Cell 2011 Dec 22 24 4765-75
- Site-specific modification of Alzheimer's peptides by cholesterol oxidation products enhances aggregation energetics and neurotoxicity.
- Usui K, Hulleman JD, Paulsson JF, Siegel SJ, Powers ET, Kelly JW Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2009 Nov 106 44 18563-8
Alpha-Synuclein self-assembly in Parkinson's disease: Insights from biophysical analyses. In Protein Misfolding in Biology and Disease
Rochet JC and Hulleman JD (2009). Trivandrum, India, Research Signpost