Andra Blomkalns, MD joined the UT Southwestern team in April of 2015 as the Vice Chair of Academic Affairs and Business Development in the Department of Emergency Medicine. She also serves as the Medical Liaison to the Office for Technology Development.
Her experience includes basic laboratory research and clinical research with a focus on cardiovascular disease, obesity, and dietary influences on health and disease. Her interests also include technology development, evaluation, and improvement.
- Medical School
- LSU Health Science Center, New Orleans (1997)
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (2001), Emergency Medicine
- Acute coronary syndromes
- Dietary influences on health and disease
- Technology Development
- Vascular inflammation
- Transplanted perivascular adipose tissue accelerates injury-induced neointimal hyperplasia: role of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1.
- Manka D, Chatterjee TK, Stoll LL, Basford JE, Konaniah ES, Srinivasan R, Bogdanov VY, Tang Y, Blomkalns AL, Hui DY, Weintraub NL Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2014 Aug 34 8 1723-30
- HDAC9 knockout mice are protected from adipose tissue dysfunction and systemic metabolic disease during high-fat feeding.
- Chatterjee TK, Basford JE, Knoll E, Tong WS, Blanco V, Blomkalns AL, Rudich S, Lentsch AB, Hui DY, Weintraub NL Diabetes 2014 Jan 63 1 176-87
- Localization, identification, and excision of murine adipose depots.
- Mann A, Thompson A, Robbins N, Blomkalns AL J Vis Exp 2014 94
- Isolation and excision of murine aorta; a versatile technique in the study of cardiovascular disease.
- Robbins N, Thompson A, Mann A, Blomkalns AL J Vis Exp 2014 93 e52172
- Human coronary artery perivascular adipocytes overexpress genes responsible for regulating vascular morphology, inflammation, and hemostasis.
- Chatterjee TK, Aronow BJ, Tong WS, Manka D, Tang Y, Bogdanov VY, Unruh D, Blomkalns AL, Piegore MG, Weintraub DS, Rudich SM, Kuhel DG, Hui DY, Weintraub NL Physiol. Genomics 2013 Aug 45 16 697-709
- CD14 directs adventitial macrophage precursor recruitment: role in early abdominal aortic aneurysm formation.
- Blomkalns AL, Gavrila D, Thomas M, Neltner BS, Blanco VM, Benjamin SB, McCormick ML, Stoll LL, Denning GM, Collins SP, Qin Z, Daugherty A, Cassis LA, Thompson RW, Weiss RM, Lindower PD, Pinney SM, Chatterjee T, Weintraub NL J Am Heart Assoc 2013 Apr 2 2 e000065
- Histone deacetylase 9 is a negative regulator of adipogenic differentiation.
- Chatterjee TK, Idelman G, Blanco V, Blomkalns AL, Piegore MG, Weintraub DS, Kumar S, Rajsheker S, Manka D, Rudich SM, Tang Y, Hui DY, Bassel-Duby R, Olson EN, Lingrel JB, Ho SM, Weintraub NL J. Biol. Chem. 2011 Aug 286 31 27836-47
- The time dependence of antithrombin initiation in patients with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes: subgroup analysis from the ACUITY trial.
- Diercks DB, Pollack CV, Hollander JE, Blomkalns AL, Emerman CL, Rokos IC, Larson DM, Hoekstra JW, Mehran R, Stone GW Ann Emerg Med 2011 Mar 57 3 204-212.e1-6
- Low level bacterial endotoxin activates two distinct signaling pathways in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells.
- Blomkalns AL, Stoll LL, Shaheen W, Romig-Martin SA, Dickson EW, Weintraub NL, Denning GM J Inflamm (Lond) 2011 8 4
- Five-year mortality and coronary heart disease development after normal coronary angiogram.
- McMullan JT, Lindsell CJ, Blomkalns AL World J Emerg Med 2011 2 1 24-9
- American College of Emergency Physicians (1997-2016)
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (1997-2016)